Sign in to follow this  
smoreau

It's Raining!!

smoreau

We are finally getting some rain! some thunder and lightning. Not expecting much, but the grass is liking it! Hot dry summer so far! not much rain in the forecast for the up coming week but any is good!

Sparky

So maybe theres a chance for some mowing in your future?? :grin:

Mike..........

smoreau

Ya I'm hoping to cut some grass and not these tall weeds with brown crunchy grass. the ditch behind my place has never been dry before as its part of a big drainage system to the Saginaw bay, well it was dry last week. weeds growing op the center of the ditch. We got about 1/2" of rain and it lasted about 3 hours. By morning I doubt that you will ever know it rained. Ground is still hard as a rock. after taking a walk outside after the storm.

Jim_M

Still nothing here, it always goes just north and just south of me but doesn't rain here.

1maidenfan

Still nothing here, it always goes just north and just south of me but doesn't rain here.

I feel your pain Jim the rain has missed us here in Marion also, looks like Huntington and Wabash had a good soaking but notta here in Marion :(

I have the thick fescue (spelling?) grass that I fertilize and weed control a couple times each year and even it is turning brown and crunchy. NOT GOOD!!!

4xfourfun

It's doing what???

I don't remember what that is!

Wheel Horse Kid

We finally got a little rain yesterday night and this morning, but not near as much as we need.

SousaKerry

Went to a baseball game (Lansing Lugnuts) for our annual company picnic on Saturday. And of course it rains every year including this year, after the second rain delay we split. Get home and we didn't have a drop.....THe rain gods hate my new lawn my grass seed will be eaten by birds before it ever grows. :banghead:

WH520

Finally getting some rain here with no end in sight. After not having a drop for 5 or 6 weeks with temps in the 90's, I'm enjoying it. There's been big storms heading my way but they always seem to go right past my town over to the next.

I knew we were in trouble when I'd wash my truck and it didn't instantly rain :lol:

Jim_M

Got 2 1/2" since yesterday. Unfortunately we also got high winds that took 1/4 of the roof off of the 64 x 256 foot shop that I work in. We had water pouring in the building. I got drenched trying to cover up equipment before it got ruined. I might have stayed dryer outside in the storm. We still have no phones or internet and only have temporary power in part of the building.

Stigian

It's been the opposite over here.. Rain, rain, rain, and just for a change.. Some rain!!

But it's looking like summer might arrive here next week... About time too!

Trouty56

The area I live in has been very lucky so far....still green and mow every 8 days.....

smoreau

last thurs. it rained lightly most of the day and the ground is soft again!! Grass is greening up but still has a brown tint to it.