Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Vertical Snow Cab?

nylyon

Does anyone know if Wheel Horse made a Snow Cab for the Verticals? I haven't seen any and I am wondering if they exist, or if the vert's just don't have a cab? I have seen C's, D's 300, 400 and 500's with them but never a Vert.

Maybe Vert's are just the read headed step child of the Wheel Horse world?

nylyon

Come on, someone must know this?

rustyoldjunk

Karl,i really have know idea but i have saw a few verticals,probably b series 70's models that have the same hood and sheetmetal and the horizontal tractors.i would assume they could be fitted with a c series cab.......but every time i assume......well it makes an.....well,you know lol.jim

nylyon

I couldn't find any IPL's on it, so you're probably right. If you wanted a cb you would have to basically adapt / make your own.

wh500special

karl,

I KNOW cabs were available for the late-model verticals (200/240/250/260 series) but have never seen one. i'd imagine Original Cab Co. had drawings to fab up such cabs as the orders were placed but likely didn't build to inventory.

I looked through a few piles of literature last evening looking for a V7/V8 cab...no luck yet, but I am pretty sure I saw a pamphet from WH for cabs on those tractors at one point. If I find it, I will let you know but will be out of town for a week or so before I can look again.

I am pretty sure the cabs were available. Seems like I recall the b/w literature showing the canvas as a light color with the logos in darker print. I would guess, then, that the cab was the light gray canvas like to other early cabs.

Steve

combatmp29r

Ok Karl here's your info on vert snow cabs. The V7/V8s used one like Steve said the older style nylon cabs that were Gray with the Red writting. They were model 5165 manufactured by the original cab company. They looked something like this

V8snowcab2.jpg

V8snowcab3.jpg

V8snowcab.jpg

That is an NOS one in the Vertical Ranch herd. I haven't been able to assemble it yet and put it on one of the V8s yet. Yes I know put an NOS cab on a tractor when its the only one known to exist at this point? :whistle: How we gonna know what it would look like assembled if I never assemble it? B) Plus I called the original Cab Company once I read this thread, and they show that they have some pieces of it still in stock. The guy was going to physically check and get back to me. No full cabs left, but alot of the pieces.

Now as far as the Bs go they used Vynle Cab model 07-06CB01. It fit all the B series verts from the B-81 to the B-165. I looked all over for a pic of one I know I saved one from ebay a couple years ago, but no luck. No IPL either you can't get one on-line, you have to get it from The Original Cab Company. Oh and they are very much still in buisness here in IN.

nylyon

It couldn't have gone to a better place! Great looking cab, Hope to see it in the action shots area B)

Teddy da Bear

It looks very much like the one I got with my 1054 today.

Do the cabs have a model number anywhere on them?

Mine is in somewhat less satisfactory condition than yours.

combatmp29r

Karl, Thanks it was an exciting find for the ranch :horseplay: I assumed that one had been made at some time, but had no proof nor had ever heard of anybody that had one. Then this one dropped in my lap thanks to a friend.

Steve, If you find that info you have I would love to have a copy of it .

Teddy, I don't believe they have a tag on them anywhere. I got my model number off the box and owners manual that was included in the kit.

bowtieguy

I've got one like that (wish)..the fabric is shot.....wonder what pieces they have in stock??

Found mine in St L mounted on a Raider 10 with a snowthrower...but it has not snowed enough in Missouri to even think about using it....maybe someday :banana:

combatmp29r

A vert one Frank, or the Raider model? I know the guy said what they didn't have they could still make up once they found the original technical drawings. Boy wonder what that costs? B)

bowtieguy

Joel...is was mounted on a Raider tractor, not vertical shaft...but it mounts to the rear fender in two places and mounts to the "running boards "one bolt on each side and the main bracket is bolted to the steering tower, two bolts on each side....but you might be able to mount the cab on a vertical shaft WH ...I have a B-82 vertical and I think it would fit except it might have a problem mounting to the vertical steering section....the Raider has two factory bolts that you take out and install a bracket then put the factory bolts back in. The only holes that you have to drill are two in the rear fender and one in each running board.

Wow....you say that can supply about anything for the cab???...I have all the framework...I just need the clear stuff that is in the doors for windows....may have to give em a call....thanks for the tip

B)

Teddy da Bear

I would not think it would be too much if they could just remake the canvas parts. I could remake the artwork.

I am still trying to imagine what difference it would make in fitting one to either a vertical or horzontal tractor? Only the belt guard width....and I don't think that would matter much.

combatmp29r

What belt Guard Teddy? Vert belts are in the frame B)

CasualObserver

Joel.... that's a sweet find there! Umm.... :whistle: would you be so kind as to put those pics in the gallery too? B)

combatmp29r

OOPS yep sure thing Jason B) I'll get a couple of it installed soon too.

HorseFixer

Very nice looking cab Joel! B)

Duke

Teddy da Bear
What belt Guard Teddy? Vert belts are in the frame
That is what I meant Joel.....the belt guard I was refering to was on the horizontal shaft tractor. That is the only difference I could see in mounting a cab on a vertical or horizontal....difference being the belt guard on the horizontal. Whch makes me think that the cab would mount on either.

combatmp29r

It should would all depend on the fenders, and running boards. Thats where you have to drill to install it. May just have to move the mounting points alittle. V8 fenders were only used on the V8s same as the hoods. Something like an inch difference in size between them and horzontal commandos.