Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

My WH anti-rodent attachment

Sparky

So in my front yard where the bird feeder used to be (till this morning) I have found rodent holes. They are to big for chipmunks and the squrrills live in trees. Got on google and it seems we have a brown rat living here....not good!

So I started flooding the holes and sure enough out it came, all wet and unhappy! It darted under my front steps which are pre-cast and hollow. I hadn't seen the hole at the front of the stairs till now. After looking around I found the "backdoor" it was using as a second entrance/exit. I closed that off and went to get my C-165 and a length of pipe. Let it run for about 30 minutes occasionally letting it run at half choke for maximum exhaust stink, hopefully the little tresspasser was hiding under the stairs....if you know what I mean. I think 30 minutes of tractor exhuast fumes should be enough to do it in? Anyone have a similar experience.

Mike...........

post-2-0-87851700-1342378015_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-41311500-1342378033_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-96129300-1342378049_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

gregg'shorses

That is what you call running straight pipes !!

Kelly

Friend of mine did that with his truck and piped it into a wood chuck hole, let it run while he drank a 12 pack no more chuck.

• Like 1

Sparky

Friend of mine did that with his truck and piped it into a wood chuck hole, let it run while he drank a 12 pack no more chuck.

SHOOT! I knew I forgot something, shoulda had a beer while I watched!

:grin:

Mike.........

• Like 2

Kelly

Oh and we had a shot gun ready if he ran out from another spot we didn't stuff a rock in.

remember where there is one there is more.

Sparky

While the tractor was running I was flooding the other holes with water. They either drown or get gassed out I figure.

Mike............

Anglo Traction

Reckon if it was still under the steps, the old 'Rattus norvegicus' has dropped off into a permanant sleep. Like the ingenuity of gassing the little pesky rodent. Exhausting work without a Beer.

• Like 1

ol550

Quite a few years back lived in an old house with a barn behind it. The barn became rat infested

to the point the rats would corner a cat. A friend across the street worked at a elevator and brought

home a anhydrous nurse tank home and a long hose. Looked like the barn was on fire but no more

rats for years. :omg:

AMC RULES

Maybe you should patent your new :wh: attachment.

Sparky

Maybe you should patent your new :wh: attachment.

Hmmm...good idea but might be tough. One big 'ol rusty pipe and a plain 'ol stick (that was my emergency brake to stop the C-165 from rolling off in the pics :eusa-whistle: )

Mike...........

Wheelhorse84

Murderer. Lol

• Like 1

Sparky

Murderer. Lol

Your welcome to come and catch him humanly Steve and let him go in your yard :ychain: .

Heck, I'll even loan ya some cheese for your trap!

Mike.........

• Like 1

varosd

Murderer. Lol

oh yes, all those weak knee folks will probally picket your house...then you can start up your straight pipe and drown them out! :D

Ken B

You'll know whether you got him or not within a few days, it might get a little stanky.

• Like 1

rmaynard

I've been tempted to do that with the chipmunk problems that we have here. They have a network of tunnels that never seems to end. The CO method seems to be the most humane. Odorless, colorless, and lethal. They just drift off to sleep and that's that. And the bonus is that they will already be buried.

Now about the squirrels that eat the hood latch knobs off of my tractors. Can't seem to find any answer for that one. If I remove the plastic knobs, they go after the choke/throttle knobs. If I remove them, then the danged little critters start gnawing on the aluminum dash housing. I can't win.

stevebo

All I can think of is caddyshack right now....

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer

Bill Murray is priceless.Bet he wished he had a Wheel Horse to flush out his gopher!Bwahahahahahs

• Like 1

pycoed

Those of us in UK that work terriers use an old chainsaw (minus the bar & chain!) with a hose connected to the exhaust to put down rat holes while the terriers await the fun! A strong oil mix does the trick, & Rattus Norwegicus is introduced swiftly to his maker via Mr. J Russell (& his friends from Patterdale, the Lakes & the Border).

If you search Youtube for ratting with terriers you'll see some of the results.

boovuc

I prefer the M-80 method. Cover all the holes you find with a VERY heavy object. now go to the hole you see most of the chippies, (rats included), run into and drop a lit M-80 in the hole and cover with a VERY VERY heavy object. Wait for a big THUD.

Roll off the VERY heavy and VERY VERY heavy objects from the holes and look for smoke. Smoke means those holes were connected and no further attention is needed. Any hole that doesn't have smoke from it needs another M-80 and the holes covered. Concussions from those things are amazing and an M-80 doesn't make a big hole in the ground like a quarter-stick! And it's more fun than gasing the little bas%#!ds.

PS............Don't do this in holes beside your foundations!

KC9KAS

Yep, PETA will be on your case, but I say, "You Go Guy"!

Foozerush

This is a classic example to give to my better half that I Need A Black Hood to add to my herd, for this very purpose to get rid of those critters digging by her flower beds.... Thanks for the ammo I need to win the argument on why I NEED A BLACK HOOD!!!

Sparky

This is a classic example to give to my better half that I Need A Black Hood to add to my herd, for this very purpose to get rid of those critters digging by her flower beds.... Thanks for the ammo I need to win the argument on why I NEED A BLACK HOOD!!!

Hey....glad to help brudda!

Good luck with that argument :eusa-whistle: .

Mike............

Lane Ranger

That's another one of those great innovative attachments that these tractors just keep spawning Sparky!!

I love it when people put their tractors to work on a new task.

608KEB

I prefer placing a little bait out and waiting them out with a .22 on a grassy knoll.

Agage1

Me and my brother once burned them out. We poured gas down the entrance hole lit it and waited at the exit with .22's. The most success I've ever had though was with my 2 bird dogs. We had a rat colony living in a big pot belly stove in our old barn. We locked all the doors with the dogs in the barn and pulled the stove over with a rope from a window. Those dogs were in heaven and we didn't any rats after that although we did have a pretty big mess to clean up afterwards.