infernus

New Member, 1st post

infernus

Hi all, I just "acquired" a 1977 C-160 with a mower deck and snowblower from my father. Has a hydrostatic trans (awesome). It's been in the family since my grandfather bought it new, and it's been in use every year until this year, when my father bought a Ryobi tractor (wtf?) to replace the old gal.

I plan on doing a full restoration, fixing the rust, and the dingles in the hood. Sandblasting & repainting the 16hp Kohler, and any other work it may need. I'm an ASE master certified auto mechanic, so I've got a pretty good handle on most things that may come up.mechanically. My one worry is that if I repaint it, I'm not sure where to get new decals from, and I also need an original headlight unit.

Here she is:

2012-07-14134627.jpg

2012-07-14134618.jpg

2012-07-14134609.jpg

Wheel Horse Kid

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking C160 you have there. That is cool that it was originally your grandfather's and then your father's tractor and now you have it. Good luck with your restoration! You can get some great decals from Vinylguy (He is a member of RedSquare). Here is a link to his website: http://www.redoyourhorse.com/servlet/StoreFront

Forest Road

Congrats and welcome to RS! The old Kohler 16 is probably the most sought after motor out there. You'll be very happy. Terry's decals are excellent! You wont be disappointed!

smoreau

Very cool!! thats a great tractor!! another link to the WH sticker guy Terry, and he does a supper great job, on the bottom of this post!

PS you get a discount if you enter "red" in the coupon box

AMC RULES

:WRS:

whc160

:text-welcomewave: The C-160's are a great tractor. I have three of them, but they are all 8-speeds. I would not do with out them.

chris hall

welcome . nice score !!!!!

Kelly

neil

wekcome to redsquare from Great Britain

Wheelhorse84

Nice tractor, I have a 160 and love it. Here it is. post-6185-134235277804_thumb.jpg

Jake Kuhn

infernus

Nice tractor! Thanks for the links to the decals, I was worried that would be the only hangup on getting it mint again. Glad I can get some.

It's not too bad, but I need to DA sand and sandblast a lot of stuff... there's small imperfections all over, some rust, some scratches. I might also be in need of some mower deck parts, I know the belt guard is missing and the mechanism to raise and lower the deck is all bound up, but the hydraulics all work fine.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

varosd

can whlvr

Terry M

infernus

Bump.  I haven't been here in 3 years... and that's about how long she's sat in storage.  Life got in the way lol.  I just brought it into work this past weekend and I've been working on getting it running.  I've thrown a whopping $70 at it so far in front wheel bearings, fuel tank bushing (it fell apart when I tried to drain the tank... huge stinky mess), fuel line, petcock, filter, hose, carb rebuild kit and a spark plug.  I got it to pop on starting fluid before I messed with anything, which was very encouraging.  Today I just picked up & assembled the fuel parts, haven't done the carb yet, but it DID run on it's own fuel supply for about 10 seconds and the motor flooded and gas started spilling out of the front of the carb.  Next stop is the carb rebuild.

20150926_172726.jpg

20150929_184159.jpg

• Like 3

AMC RULES
Nothing wrong...           :handgestures-thumbsup:
with a long term :wh: project. 

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1