Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

Today's Haul - Clean and straight 953 Lots o pics and video

stevebo

Well while Will (Truckin88) was crossing over the line into CT I was in his backyard buying this one. It was on ebay for what I would consider short money for this tractor. It looked clean in the picture and all original. It will need the left rear tire to be repaired and then tubed. It is missing the hydro lift pump and front grill. I have to admit I was never a big fan of this model but that may change. I plan on getting it right and leaving it as is. I know I need a hydro pump, front grill and not sure what the deal is on the gas tank?

I would love to hear more about what is right and what is wrong with this tractor. After bringing it home, I changed out the fuel line, added a new filter and placed the jump pack on it and she fired up and ran very nice. Here she is...

IMG_6701.jpg

IMG_6702.jpg

IMG_6703.jpg

IMG_6704.jpg

IMG_6705.jpg

IMG_6721.jpg

IMG_6727.jpg

IMG_6715.jpg

IMG_6711.jpgIMG_6707.jpgIMG_6713.jpg

Here is the video of my sone riding it...

th_MVI_6724.jpg

• Like 4

CRE1992

Looks awesome Steve! I always wanted a 1054 myself I like the look of the 953's and 1054s. Why is there a patch on your sons head lol! Did he run into something?

Ken B

Very nice Steve! I'm likin it.

fireman

I'll give ya $250 for it!

stevebo

Jeff-that is $75 more than what I paid for it-lol

Ken B

300 here.... :ychain:

stevebo

keep em coming...

Where the heck is the gas tank suppose to be on this machine?

TT

Where the heck is the gas tank suppose to be on this machine?

Above the transaxle - which you have to drop to access the tank. :hide:

stevebo

thanks TT. Doe the tank on it look like the right tank but just not in the right place?

jaydeer

Dang that is just what I have been looking for. It does look like the right gas tank if my memory serves me correct.

whfan74

What a clunker Steve...........bring it to me and I will dispose of it properly! :ychain:

bowtiebutler956

Very nice find Steve, and I like the looks of that model. :thumbs: Rear tire sure needs a little love, but that wasn't stopping your son! :text-datsphatyo:

Matt :flags-texas:

AMC RULES

Hey, what happened here...that ain't no round hood?

fireman

I'll go $325.00 !!

noneya

Correct tank and straps, just in the wrong place of course. Are the wooden blocks still there somewhere for the tank support? Wrong ignition switch, missing headlight switch, has a GT-14 tie rod, shouldn't have that tube coming from the oil bowl on the filter, missing plate in front of the shift lever and of course missing hood thumb screws. I'm very interested in the engine pulley if you want to part with that one piece. It is for a snowblower or sicklebar mower. Message me if you are interested in parting with the pulley. CONFIRMED- Based on the belt guide near the pulley, this this the pulley and belt guide from a ST-374 snow thrower.

• Like 1

JBow

MAN ! I saw that when it first went up on ebay. If it would have been close to me I would have hit the Buy it Now button. I knew it wouldnt last long. Good luck with you purchase.

Jack..

grnlark

The gas tank is supposed to be under the seat. Im pretty sure that motor has a siphon fuel pump but I might be mistaken. I know the trannys are 953/1054 specific and every one Ive ever had was cracked. The steering setup on the 953 is one year specific and kind of an oddity too - not the same as the 1054.

noneya

Has a mechanical fuel pump, steering on that 953 is the same as a 1054. Only early 953 had a Ross steering gear and a unique steering wheel.

VinsRJ

Nice score Steve.

decksetter

Nice looking 953 Steve! Your hood is better shape than mine, and looks like you've got headlight lenses, mine are gone. I have the grille though.

Wheel Horse Kid

Great find and price! Those 953/1054 tractors sure look cool! Good luck with it!

stevebo

Woke up this morning and pulled the rear wheel. It had a tube with calcium in it. The original hole in the wheel where the valve stem goes was rusted out. I ground out the rot to clean metal and filled it with the "quick steel" putty and a quarter.... Once repaired, I then put a tube in it. Figured why I was at it I should change the tranny fluid and clean the carb. The carb needed it for sure.

IMG_6732.jpg

IMG_6733.jpg

I drilled a new hole in a solid section of the rim....

IMG_6734.jpg

Here is how she sits now..

IMG_6744.jpg

Sparky

Hmmm....24 hours at your place and its already 100% better than it was yesterday. Lookin good Steve.

I had a 1054 for awhile but sold it off. It's a big tractor but doesnt give the operator much room and I wasn't comfy on it.

Mike............

decksetter

It's a big tractor but doesnt give the operator much room and I wasn't comfy on it.

I agree, I'm 6'2'' and it's cramped for sure. I sat on mine for 15 seconds and that was plenty.

JUSS10

I agree they are cramped as I'm 6'3 but I just raise the cushion a bit. I love mine and use it almost daily. Would love to get my hands on another someday...