Sign in to follow this  
maxed500

idea for mod, Has anyone done half trac

maxed500

found this on govdeals.com. Thought this could be a neat wheel horse modification for someone ( I would try to do it, but I get distracted pretty quick.....is that a squirrel?) Anyway, wouldn't a half-trac wheel horse be sweet, not sure how usefull though. this is a BCS 850 and the track setup looks simple, three sprockets, chain, and angle/channel iron

post-6485-0-72329700-1342145865.jpgpost-6485-0-09638700-1342145893.jpg

massey

Now that would be cool. :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

kpinnc

Looks like something from a Terminator movie. What the HECK is it used to mow? Rain forests? :ychain:

Very cool toy.

SousaKerry

kinda reminds me of a gravely with the rear engine setup

KATO

Kinda looks like a surface grinder on steroids. would definitely make a cool project!!!

Don1977

With those tracks on a Wheel Horse you would need turning brakes or ten acres to turn it around.

htopjimmy26

I have had similar thoughts about 4 wheeler rubber track setups adapted to a wheelhorse..

jay in nc

where is this bcs? is it still available? so cool Jay

maxed500

Jay, I just checked Govdeals.com under mowing equipment, but the auction had ended. Don't know if anyone bought it, the minimum was set on $1000. The engine was a 14 Briggs. I checked the BCS site for a parts/assembly diagram for the tracks accessory but no luck.

Don1977, I had the same turning issue in mind, gotta have dual brake pedals, pulling cable operated brakes (easy to route vs rod linkage). I can imagine the ride could be a little harsh on the back, a good seat spring a must have.

Jimmy26, I'm cheap, so I like the idea of worn out (free) mini-excavator rubber traks as well