Sign in to follow this  
CHARGER9AUTO

416-8

CHARGER9AUTO

I pulled my 416-8 into the Garage and took out the battery so I can see the black wires they were not fraided or bare with no loose connections I'd checked them really well all the way from the stator and rectifier wires . I'm still stumped about what's the problem how come it won't start I have to shoot the Horse and put out of it's misery . Ben....

Sparky

Are you sure its charging when its runnin? Maybe its not chargin and your ruuning the battery low before you park it.

Mike......

CHARGER9AUTO

Are you sure its charging when its runnin? Maybe its not chargin and your ruuning the battery low before you park it.

Mike......

I get the tractor started bt putting on the battery charger to get it running after I'm finished it will not start when I want it to stone dead no power . Ben....

nylyon

Do you know if the battery is good and will hold a charge? Maybe you can give it a full charge, then disconnect the negative lead over night. Reconnect it the next day and see if it held the charge. Could be just an old battery. If you decide to shoot it, I'll cart away the carcus :D Can never have too many 416's....

kpinnc

No kiddin' Karl!

I wish someone down here wanted a 416 hauled away.... :D

Ben, I feel your pain. I hate electrical problems!

Kevin

WheelHorse_of_course

On another forum I was challenged when I said my instrument cluster for the Charger 12 would have both a volt meter and a amp meter.

It is times like this when it really helps!

Ben, If you are connecting the charger to the battery posts then you have pretty much eliminated bad cables as the cause.

So that leaves the charging system and the battery. Does it have an amps meter? If so does it show it is charging (positive indication) while running?

As indicated by others, you may have a leak. If disconnecting the neg bat cables allows it to start 24 hours later, then this is the case.

In that case, do the same test, but instead of disconnecting the bat lead disconnect the fuse and try it.

Do you have hand held volt meter? If so, when you disconnect the battery lead connect a volt meter in series with it. If you get ANY reading you have a leak. Same thing with the fuse.

Best of luck.

CHARGER9AUTO

Do you know if the battery is good and will hold a charge? Maybe you can give it a full charge, then disconnect the negative lead over night. Reconnect it the next day and see if it held the charge. Could be just an old battery. If you decide to shoot it, I'll cart away the carcus :D Can never have too many 416's....

Hey Karl, I will put the charger on my 416-8 for the day after I like to test the tractor out after I'm all done I take off the NEGATIVE Cable from the battery and let it sit over night then try it the next day . you just another 416-8 to keep your 416-8 HYDRO and 414-8 from feeling lonely :P Ben....

CHARGER9AUTO

Mike......

I think it's the electric starter on my 416-8 drawing the power out of the battery my Dad said the starter could be bad . I will try another one and see if it works . Ben

CHARGER9AUTO

On another forum I was challenged when I said my instrument cluster for the Charger 12 would have both a volt meter and a amp meter.

It is times like this when it really helps!

Ben, If you are connecting the charger to the battery posts then you have pretty much eliminated bad cables as the cause.

So that leaves the charging system and the battery. Does it have an amps meter? If so does it show it is charging (positive indication) while running?

As indicated by others, you may have a leak. If disconnecting the neg bat cables allows it to start 24 hours later, then this is the case.

In that case, do the same test, but instead of disconnecting the bat lead disconnect the fuse and try it.

Do you have hand held volt meter? If so, when you disconnect the battery lead connect a volt meter in series with it. If you get ANY reading you have a leak. Same thing with the fuse.

Best of luck.

I will check it out the electrical problem on my 416-8 I'll keep everyone posted . Ben...