Sign in to follow this  
dazcc

toro wheelhorse will not move without blades turned on

dazcc

Hi, hope someone can help please. I have just bought a Toro wheelhorse 227-5.I'm in the UK by the way.I'm not sure of model code as was not on when I bought it. The mower starts fine but will now not move forwards or backwards without manual pto turned on (i.e cutter deck). Does anyone have any thoughts?

Daz.

Don1977

Sounds like the drive belt is on the PTO pulley.

dazcc

thanks for that im new to ride on mowers never had one before so im on a learning curve . do they print the serial number any were else on the mower do you know . thanks for that

Sparky

The 227-5 is a European model only I think, so I'm not sure what year it is. The model# tag went from a stamped metal tag (good!) to a sticker (bad!) with the info printed on it that eventually would fade or be torn off. If its the sticker generation machine, here in the US they were stuck to the rear fender just to the left side of the seat mount if you were sitting on it.

Mike.........

Todd

check the pto switch its under the fuse block might be gunky stuck ..

Road-Track

The drive belt going to the rear of the tractor must be on the inner (closest to the engine) pulley. The outer pulley (PTO, power take-off) is for the running attachments like the mower deck. These are easy to get swapped by mistake.

:WRS: