Sign in to follow this  
stevasaurus

Met another member today

stevasaurus

EdG made his way up to my house today to pick up that Eaton transmission with hydro that I brought back from Squonk at the Penn show. Great guy and very talented in the sheet metal fabrication dept. Shot the breeze for about 2 hours. Got him on Skype with JimD for a while when we came inside to cool off. Here is the link that started all of this. Good luck with that trans Ed, and was very nice meeting you. Hope to see you again at Scott's M&G.

Here is a shot of Ed (red shirt) and me.

EdG.jpg

• Like 1

squonk

Glad you made it back in one piece and the trans didn't end up in your lap. :) No boat anchor for you!! :thumbs:

varosd

Great photo of Ed and Steve! HHHmmmmm, Steve seems to be missing his "coffee" cup! ^_^

squonk

Great photo of Ed and Steve! HHHmmmmm, Steve seems to be missing his "coffee" cup! ^_^

I bet it's not too far away!

EdG.

Well I have to tell on Steve.

I (EdG.),pulled up to his house at about 10:30 AM with temperature already in the mid 90's and

there was Steve outside drinking a cup of hot coffee. So the cup WAS near, it just didn't make it into the picture.

And Steve remember that I had said that there was a lot of stop lights on the way to your place.

Just to keep from getting bored I counted them on my way home, I drove 36 miles and counted 69 stop lights.

You could not pay me enough to live up in your 'Chicago' area. ha! (my town has NO stop lights)

dclarke

Well I have to tell on Steve.

I (EdG.),pulled up to his house at about 10:30 AM with temperature already in the mid 90's and

there was Steve outside drinking a cup of hot coffee. So the cup WAS near, it just didn't make it into the picture.

And Steve remember that I had said that there was a lot of stop lights on the way to your place.

Just to keep from getting bored I counted them on my way home, I drove 36 miles and counted 69 stop lights.

You could not pay me enough to live up in your 'Chicago' area. ha! (my town has NO stop lights)

I've been to Steve's house and I have to agree with you Ed, there are a lot of stop lights. My wife and I stopped by last winter and got to enjoy a few cups of his "special" coffee along with some of his wife Chris' home made Christmas cookies. You could stop at every stop light in Chicago and you won't find a nicer couple than Steve and Chris.

Martin

ed, just noticed you are from lexington, il.

had to make a trip down there last monday to pick up my c125. was about 3 miles south of the town on north 2600 east.

have to agree with the chicago area congestion too, i grew up in a big city with too much traffic and now i like the small town living.......

Zeek

EdG made his way up to my house today to pick up that Eaton transmission with hydro that I brought back from Squonk at the Penn show. Great guy and very talented in the sheet metal fabrication dept. Shot the breeze for about 2 hours. Got him on Skype with JimD for a while when we came inside to cool off. Here is the link that started all of this. Good luck with that trans Ed, and was very nice meeting you. Hope to see you again at Scott's M&G.

Here is a shot of Ed (red shirt) and me.

EdG.jpg

Thanks for posting a picture!

stevasaurus

Thanks for the nice comments guys. Ed it was a pleasure meeting you. You used to be able to cruise down Rt #59, then with urban sprawl, those lights are killers...especially through Naperville and Aurora. :bow-blue:

Zeek, I can't believe I did not get a picture of you at the show...after all...you were camped next to Bob and I. How about taking one and adding it to one of the pictures threads. :) Like mine....sorry.