Sign in to follow this  
glgrumpy

What to do with seat cushions?

glgrumpy

Have Charger 12 with large metal pan with backrest and seperate pad for back. Have the tin for pad only. Not sure how orig pad was mounted. Was it on wood? Don't really see screw holes in metal. Upholst right on the metal? Anyone doing those? Speers maybe? Have to check. Might try local shop for just the back and keep what my seat is for now. Seat pad is not so bad. What have you other members done?

I do have to say WH must have thought everyone is short. Not much adjustment for aft movement on their seats. I have made more holes farther forward in my seat tin to mount it back more. THEN the back doesn't lean back enough for my liking and doesn't look bendaable the way it wraps at bottom corners. Guess I can live with that, but had to have it back more. I also mounted mine on the big U-shaped springs to get more height and at least some springing action. Need that for my rough yard and old back!!

redstallion3201

Not real sure on the charger 12 but my 1968 commando 6 backrest was bad and had it redone it was on a piece of wood and mounted with 3 hex head screws.