Martin

picked up a c-125 today......

bowtiebutler956

They do look good on there. My B-80 still had its OE mats on it, but they were in bad shape. The were alot narrower than the 3M ones were, and I was able to cut out exactly the same shape as original without having the yellow, but in retrospect it might have looked better with.

Matt :flags-texas:

post-6076-0-39787100-1346206029.jpg

Terry M

martin, is that dump cart behind your c-125 the one I saw in charlotte?

Martin

yes, thats it.......

heres a thread on it....

whfan74

Wow amazing Martin! That worker looks nicer than my show tractors!

Terry M

I missed that one.... Looks nice martin.

Martin

thanks terry and scott!

c125 got dirty today, but all is good.......

that powdercoat cleaned up real easy....... :thumbs:

Terry M

Martin, I also wanted to say that I never thought much about those black hooded c's until I saw yours and a couple of them i saw at power pioneer days. Once fixed up they look really sharp!! Again...NICE TRACTOR!!

Martin

terry, i had a real liking for the long hood mid sixties tractors, same as my 1057 and 1277, but this blackhood has really grown on me. i like the bigger, taller and wider stance of them.

one day i would like the model with the biggest engine they came with and 3 point rear hitch, the c195.........

at the moment though, i think im good with this one....

and i still have a couple more builds to do yet, kents 875 and my c160 before i get into too many more tractors........

Terry M

yes, C-195 would be an awesome tractor. the two I saw last week I believe were a c-165 and 175. . those were nice! the 195 would be a heck of a power house worker. I hope you find a nice one someday!! I would look forward to watching that one!!!

Martin

finally got around to getting with terry to create the front hood decal. weve got the layout where i like it, but terry was having trouble getting the laminating right on it. this is the result, its just a test run so theres some bubbles and defects in it. the final decals will be better but this one is good enough for me for this tractor.........

post-4321-0-59537400-1355451321_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-55720300-1355451130_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-89032300-1355451163_thumb.jp

Edited by Martin
  • Like 3

Terry M

From here the Decal looks really good Martin. Nice finishing touch :handgestures-thumbupright: .

bowtiebutler956

Looks great Martin!! That really adds the finishing touch. :text-datsphatyo: How is the work on your sons :wh: going? I miss being able to follow along with the fantastic work you do on these old Horses. :thumbs:

Martin

its sleeping at the moment until the 12 year old decides he wants to do some work on it.......

• Like 1

dclarke

Looks good Martin!........ What would we do without Terry?

Stigian

Wow!! It looks good enough to eat your dinner off of, being careful not to scratch the paint of course... Rubber spoon anyone :D

Seriously, you've done a fantastic job there Martin :handgestures-thumbup:

Andrew Martin

Greetings

You do Nice work it looks Great!!

312Hydro

Wow! Nice work Martin. All you guys with black hoods are really making them look great! :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

Wheel-N-It

Martin, You sure know how to make a Wheel Horse look good! I just had to look at this one more time before I did anything else today :)

Martin

time for some new meats on the c125. ive wanted to put wider turfs on this thing for a while, that meant at least wider wheels on the rear. the fronts are already the wider 5 3/8 (i think) but the rears are the standard 7....

so i hunted around for some 12 x 8.5 wheels, i had one with a cub offset that needed the center moved inward to wh spec, and i managed to find a jd 8.5 with the right offset on ebay. after cutting out the center of the wrong offset wheel by grinding away the spotwelds,  i repositioned it the same as the other wheel and welded it in place. a good set of 5 3/8 fronts i had laying around and the 12 x 8.5s were then powdercoated in oyster white...

from one of kellys posts on his rat tractor i really liked the look of 24 x 12 x 12 turfs on the 8.5 rims. he had a few pics posted and they fit the 520 wheels well.  from another post, sparky mentioned that he got tires from http://www.stopandgotires.com so i looked them up and the prices were great, plus free shipping until the end of the month. i went with carlisle turf masters in 24 x 12 -12 for the rear and 16 x 7.50 -8 for the front.

i mounted the rears and they were an absolute b##ch. just couldnt get the beads to seal without spending at least 30 minutes on each one. tried the ratchet strap in the middle, no strap at all, standing on my head, doing a little dance, you name it. never had so much problem sealing beads with tires for these things before. maybe leaving them for a few days with something inside to spread the tire might help, but i was impatient and wanted to see how they looked on the wheels. one tire still didnt seat the bead correctly in one area, but i left it with 30 psi in it and will deal with that tomorrow.....

heres a few pics of the tires and the rears mounted. had to put one next to the tractor to see how it looked. i will get the fronts mounted (need tubes for them as the insides of the rims at the seat were a little rusty and left pitting) and then get them all on the tractor......

post-4321-0-11368200-1361324765_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-00576900-1361324789_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-69656000-1361329425_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-48697700-1361324824_thumb.jp

Edited by Martin
  • Like 2

Sparky

Glad to hear that Stopandgotires worked out for ya! I searched all over for the tires I wanted and they had the best deal around. Lookin forward to the pics of em all mounted up on the tractor.

Black Hoods are my favorite WH body style. I bet I've owned about 8 of them over the years....only have two right now but I'm always lookin for my next one.... :eusa-whistle:  .

Mike.............

bowtiebutler956

Nice work Martin! :text-datsphatyo: I can't wait to see them mounted on you :wh: ! :woohoo:

Martin

Glad to hear that Stopandgotires worked out for ya! I searched all over for the tires I wanted and they had the best deal around. Lookin forward to the pics of em all mounted up on the tractor.

Black Hoods are my favorite WH body style. I bet I've owned about 8 of them over the years....only have two right now but I'm always lookin for my next one.... :eusa-whistle:  .

Mike.............

mike, ive been shopping for tires online for months but was in no hurry, so kept looking, i ran across a post of yours mentioning them and checked them out. they were nearly $10 each cheaper for the rears than i could find anywhere, the fronts were around $5 cheaper i think...... but the free shipping sold it for me, that was adding up to near $50 in some places. plus these guys were quick, i ordered them late thursday night and they were delivered this morning. they were shipped from a distributor in southern illinois, from the tracking they left effingham il yesterday and here today. i think i might just take advantage of that free shipping once more before the end of the month!!!! man, i love this forum and the info you guys post on here.....

Wheelhorse84

Those tires are beeeeeeeefy. I want to see them on the tractor.

Ken B

That is going to look insane Martin! I have always loved the look of a stock tractor with some beefy meats on it. I'm not a real big Ag tire guy, I like the fat street tire type look myself. I have been looking around for some beefy tires for one of my projects. I was in Tractor Supply this past weekend and I almost bought a set of rear tires like yours though they were 23x10.50's. They were almost 100 bucks each. I would have also needed front's to match and tubes. So, we were talking almost 300 bucks. That is when my son Cole reminded me...Dad! That is 100 bucks more than you paid for the aluminum rims on the van and this is just a tractor! I just couldn't do it.

I have tried the old standing on yer head and doing the little dance trick myself. If that don't do it.... you really are in for a hell of a time!

Jake Kuhn

Those will look awesome on there! can't wait to see them mounted up on the tractor!