Martin

picked up a c-125 today......

Terry M

Looks Good Martin! Another nice Restore. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Martin

almost done, lots of small stuff finished off and as soon as the decals are on i will post a few pics of it finished.......

for now i just wanted to just post this one to silence the skeptics........

IMG_1317.jpg

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

OK Martin, I've officially been silenced! :ychain: I won't talk any more trash about your Horse blankets, at least not on this one. :ROTF: The seat looks Fantastic, and comfortable. So, how's it feel? :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Martin

the seat feels fantastic, happy i went with this one over my favorite michigan v-3500 smaller seat......

oh, i also drove it around for at least 30 minutes tonight, and it runs and drives awesome. that hydro drive pulley really gave it some legs as well.......

overall i couldnt be happier how it drives, very smooth and quiet.

jeanine even got 15 minutes on it too.......

bowtiebutler956

the seat feels fantastic, happy i went with this one over my favorite michigan v-3500 smaller seat......

oh, i also drove it around for at least 30 minutes tonight, and it runs and drives awesome. that hydro drive pulley really gave it some legs as well.......

overall i couldnt be happier how it drives, very smooth and quiet.

jeanine even got 15 minutes on it too.......

That's great news. Does it pull nice wheelies with the new pulley? :teasing-poke::ychain:

Martin

well, i havent really tried after the first time letting out the clutch in top and it nearly threw me off the back (before the seat was on there, with just the blanket!!!) it definitely gets going from standstill in a hurry. i think the gearing is perfect. reasonably quick in top but still slow enough from what i can tell in the lower gears. best of all the standard belt guard fits without mods and a stock hydro (from these years) belt is perfect length....

Ken B

As always Martin, top notch work.

Don1977

I really like what you have done with the Wheel Horse, it look great!

Martin

got the decals from terry today. thanks terry, they turned out very nice. :thumbs:

changed a color or two around a little to more suit my taste, the white in the large decals was done linen beige, the engine decals which are normally red and white on the red engines, i wanted done in black and silver for my black engine.

i still need to make up a template for the front hood decal. this has a large :wh: logo decal with the border around it being a 1980, i think 1981s were the same..... ( i havent forgotten about you, jachady, terry and i should be working on the hood decal early in september)

anyway heres the pics of it all done, other than the foot pads on the running boards and a few little things that arent right yet......

maybe a vid of me riding a little, might be a little while uploading though, the bandwidth sucks on friday nights......

all these pics can go big if you want to see all the detail rough bits.......

gallery_4321_61_665954.jpg

gallery_4321_61_1082221.jpg

gallery_4321_61_866847.jpg

gallery_4321_61_213694.jpg

gallery_4321_61_1342776.jpg

gallery_4321_61_2120007.jpg

gallery_4321_61_444316.jpg

gallery_4321_61_961944.jpg

gallery_4321_61_1333577.jpg

gallery_4321_61_1119740.jpg

gallery_4321_61_1673200.jpg

i think its now time to put it to work and get it dirty...... :thumbs: :woohoo:

• Like 1

Lars

:bow-blue: :bow-blue: Omg Nice worker u got there.. Looks like a new tractor :)

Sure u want to get it dirty LOL

Martin

yep, thats why we have hoses, to water the garden and wash the tractors...... :thumbs:

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

That sure is gonna be one heck of a worker. Just like buying a brand new tractor...just much better! Another great resto Martin!!!! :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: ~Jake

Martin

thanks lars and jake, jeanine got me having some fun earlier tonight........

th_IMG_0323.jpg

th_IMG_0324.jpg

th_IMG_0326.jpg

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Thats the way to break it in right! :ychain: I'm sure that :wh: will be earning its keep for years to come, and with style I might add. :thumbs:

smoreau

Nice videos Martin! I see the neighbors have there house up for sale, Too many red tractors running around? :ychain: I have one neighbor that doesn't like mine running around, so make sure that when I do drive them Gabby and I drive by there place at least 4 times to ruffle up there feathers a little :thumbs:

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Nice videos Martin! I see the neighbors have there house up for sale, Too many red tractors running around? :ychain: I have one neighbor that doesn't like mine running around, so make sure that when I do drive them Gabby and I drive by there place at least 4 times to ruffle up there feathers a little :thumbs:

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Trouty56

Nice wheelie!! lol The tractor really looks nice...you do good work Martin!!

Jake Kuhn

Now that looks like some fun. I need to speed one of mine up a bit,they are too slow! Jake

Martin

Jake, I've thought about changing gearing (pulleys) for a while now. I wanted to do the 1057 as the gearing on those year tractors is pathetic for top speed. The hydros are a lot better but the mechanical trans with that small engine pulley is just slow. Kent and Jeanine left me in the dust at Charlotte. So with the c125 it was a given that I would do it. The belt guard is suitable for both the mechanical and hydro drive pulley sizes and the belt for the hydro tractors is the right length for this mod.

The engine pulley was a 7466 and I replaced it with a 7443.

The drive belt was a 7473 and I replaced that with a 7478 (stole it off my c160!)

312Hydro

That sure turned out nice,Martin! Not much to add 'cept it looks great. :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

Ken B

That turned out real nice, kinda makes me miss my C-125.

drawingbyjesse264.jpg

jachady

I'm picking up my third C125 Thursday, plus my brother has one. They are my favorite. I don't know exactly what it is but they just look cool with the black hood and all. Thanks for keeping me in touch on the decal Martin.

• Like 1

Martin

got the foot pad grip thingys on tonight. purchased some non slip stick on stair tread stuff from lowes and cut it to fit.

it comes in a 6" x 24" piece and i cut it in half to give me 2 pieces 6" x 12" and then trimmed the corners to match the other rounded ones by using a large socket with the same radius. i also had to clearance around a carriage bolt on the running board that was in the way......

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

bowtiebutler956

got the foot pad grip thingys on tonight. purchased some non slip stick on stair tread stuff from lowes and cut it to fit.

it comes in a 6" x 24" piece and i cut it in half to give me 2 pieces 6" x 12" and then trimmed the corners to match the other rounded ones by using a large socket with the same radius. i also had to clearance around a carriage bolt on the running board that was in the way......

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

Thats the exact same stuff I used on my B-80, but I cut from the yellow stipe over off. I didn't like the yellow, but it looks pretty good on yours! :thumbs:

Martin

matt, i thought about just getting the plain skateboard grip tape that ive used before, but ive seen the yellow on other blackhoods ( i think kellys son has the yellow on his c145) and i liked it. heres another pic......

post-4321-0-16430500-1346205619_thumb.jp