Martin

picked up a c-125 today......

Anglo Traction

Nice set of Boots there Martin. Footprint of those Rears should let you ride over a Peat Bog and not sink!. So I reckon your Lawn will be pretty safe

Don1977

I had a pair of 4 ply 1050's Turf Masters mounted on 7" rims by a local tire store. They had one hell of a time getting the beads seated. That back in 1989 and they still look new. They are the best turf tires I have seen.

Martin

here's the rear ones,  right now im doing this >>>>  :)  :)

post-4321-0-23070400-1361404161_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Sparky

COOL! Theres more rubber stickin out from the fender than is under it :eusa-clap:  !

Mike..............

bowtiebutler956

I'm a lover of AG tires, but those look awesome on there! :text-datsphatyo:

Matt :flags-texas:

Martin

That is going to look insane Martin! I have always loved the look of a stock tractor with some beefy meats on it. I'm not a real big Ag tire guy, I like the fat street tire type look myself. I have been looking around for some beefy tires for one of my projects. I was in Tractor Supply this past weekend and I almost bought a set of rear tires like yours though they were 23x10.50's. They were almost 100 bucks each. I would have also needed front's to match and tubes. So, we were talking almost 300 bucks. That is when my son Cole reminded me...Dad! That is 100 bucks more than you paid for the aluminum rims on the van and this is just a tractor! I just couldn't do it.

I have tried the old standing on yer head and doing the little dance trick myself. If that don't do it.... you really are in for a hell of a time!

ken, you should check out the online store where i got these. http://www.stopandgotires.com the carlisle turfmaster 24 x 12 - 12 (what i got) are $82.75(no tax) and free shipping. the fronts were $52.80(no tax) and free ship too. there is a $5.00 handling fee......

quite a bargain when you start shopping around and see what that size is going for elsewhere......

i paid around the same price for my 23 x 9.5 -12 rears on the 1057 from my local farm and fleet and then there was the sales tax on top of that as well. i went to them to price the turf masters and they were over $100 ea and then wanted to charge me shipping to get them in for me as well.... so the online buy seemed a no brainer.

Edited by Martin

Martin

got the front ones all mounted up on the tractor and i like the way it looks. while waiting for the front bearings for the last week the rears were taken off and the old wheels installed temporarily. definitely something was missing and the tractor lost that 'tough' look without the wide wheels. one or two of my other red ones might end up growing some wide wheels as well, but i have enough on my plate right now, so they will have to wait a bit.....

i hunted around for some sealed front wheel bearings and ended up with some from an ebay seller. since i cant link to the actual listing, just search for......

2 FLANGED BEARINGS OD 1-3/8", ID 3/4", WILL FIT GO KARTS AND MORE, IH-384881,NEW

these are stamped 'china' bearings but look to be reasonable quality and aren't pressed steel but machined, and they look like they should hold up ok.....

heres the pics. i need to get the tractor outside and take some more when time allows..

post-4321-0-56490200-1362175492_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-64231100-1362175506_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-79720300-1362175518_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-49165700-1362175531_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-51881800-1362175554_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-82099400-1362175815_thumb.jp

Edited by Martin
  • Like 2

Jake Kuhn

Looks awesome martin!!!

bowtiebutler956

Very nice Martin! :text-datsphatyo:  Those are the same bearings I bought for my Wheel Horse, and I use them on my off road buggies as well. They hold up very well. Definitely better than the stamped steel ones, which I could destroy in one day in my buggies! I installed these about 9 months ago, and have never had another problem. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

312Hydro

I've got to quit looking at your builds ,Martin! :stupid: You really make those tractors look great! I really like the tires and how the C-125 turned out. Quality work ,Martin,quality work. :bow-blue:

Wheel-N-It

Martin, you are making me want to do a full blown restoration on my C-125!

Thank you so much for posting these great pics of your project. Everytime I look at my C-125 I see how it could look as good as yours.

One word sums it up for me today regarding your restoration;     " Inspiring " :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

Lars

Looks really Nice Martin :)

Stormin

Martin, you are making me want to do a full blown restoration on my C-125!

Me as well. Very nice.   :thumbs:

• Like 1

Martin

thanks for all the awesome comments guys........

just as well the pics make it look better than it really is.

this one aint anywhere near as nice, but everything has to start somewhere.....

and im sure it could make a nice twin for the c125......

post-4321-0-46672300-1362447007_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-02433600-1362447024_thumb.jp

• Like 2