Martin

picked up a c-125 today......

Rooster

Jake, not sure how long it will take to finish. I'm going to have to slow down on it soon as I have other stuff to get done before charlotte. Would be good to bring 4 though instead of 3........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NO NO NO NO....you got that wrong!!

If you have other things to accomplish....you'd need to SPEED UP!

:ychain:

Wow, great work Martin!

jachady

My 2 cents -- I think you are going to wish you painted the trans red once you're all done. They look good black but with everything else red, I think it will look out of place. If you painted the frame and lower components black then it would "come together".

John

Anglo Traction

Reckon you'll never be beaten on the Speed and Quality work Martin !. Superb

bowtiebutler956

Thats my kind of fun Martin! :woohoo: I live for those kind of puzzles. :text-datsphatyo:

Matt :flags-texas:

Terry M

If anybody can fix this one martin its you!! surprised to see a plastic rear fender pan. Can that be painted to match?

Zeek

That is like Christmas :woohoo:

Martin

got tires mounted......

IMG_1015.jpg

dash and a few other pieces painted.

fitting better than it was a week ago!!!

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

planning on getting it up on the wheels next, then will be time to focus on the engine and working on straightening the hood to something half decent.........

• Like 2

dclarke

Martin, do you have any problem with scuffing or chipping the paint on the wheels when you mount the tires?

312Hydro

Looking great! :handgestures-thumbupright:

bowtiebutler956

Martin, do you have any problem with scuffing or chipping the paint on the wheels when you mount the tires?

I'm curious about this as well Martin. Does the powder do better? I'm always fighting this when mounting my tires. :banghead:

Martin

I'm curious about this as well Martin. Does the powder do better? I'm always fighting this when mounting my tires. :banghead:

denny and matt, very rarely do i scratch the edge of the lip, mainly if i get impatient but not very often. i lube the tires up real good with mothers or meguiars rubber protectant first and get the majority of tires done just with my feet, knees and hands. sore afterwards, but no damage. sometimes some leverage is needed and i wrap a rag around the area that would be contacting the rim. fronts are easier if you look at the lip on the rim first and slide the tire over the side that has more of a return on the lip. its usually the outside lip. you can be rough with the powder and it holds up pretty good. i wouldnt dream of subjecting normal paint to this abuse from sliding of the tire bead over it within a couple hours of painting. you could mount the tires on powdered rims as soon as the wheels have cooled down from the oven if you really wanted to.

powdercoat is awesome........

• Like 2

dclarke

Thanks Martin, I'm thinking of useing powder for the wheels on some of my projects. Sounds like the way to go.

buckrancher

I agree powder coating the rims is the way to go I've had the last three tractors done that way

I place a piece of rubber between the rim lip and the tire iron when mounting works good

brian

• Like 2

Cole

looking really good for such a fast job :bow-yellow:

Martin

See, I knew something would make me slow down a bit on this one......

At least it's another horse!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martin

another update.

got some more of it assembled, been painting a lot of small stuff. just waiting for axle keys and i can get it up on all fours.......

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

bowtiebutler956

Glad to see you back at it! :woohoo: That really is going to be a beautiful :wh: Martin, and the speed you've done it with is amazing. You could'nt pick up an axle key locally?

Jake Kuhn

Looking Really good! Jake

Rooster

You cannot buy an axel key here either. I bought the next bigger and made it fit!

Martin

i could order them through mcmaster carr the right size..... 1/4 x 1 3/8, but i ended up going to my local toro dealer and ordering them under 937108. they take 3 or 4 days usually. i should have looked for them sooner, the hardware store i normally get odd stuff through only had them to 1 1/8 ( like everyone else around here).

earlleecliffton

:ychain:

Martin

back to the daily updates, (while they last!)

more parts being assembled. spent some time trying to get the sheetmetal to fit right. pain in the ass....

just about time to start fixing the hood, not something im really looking forward to......

heres a few more update pics and the last ones are what im dealing with on the hood.....

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

the hood.....

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

looks like some of thats going to be fun to fix..... :ROTF:

bowtiebutler956

You really got your work cut out for you on that hood Martin! :jaw: I'm glad your the one fixing it, and not me. :ychain: You want me to send you a gallon of Bondo? Oh wait, this is you we're talking about, not me! :ROTF: All joking aside, I'm sure you'll get it whipped into shape. :thumbs:

sorekiwi

I'll have to have a look, but I might have one of those lying round too... :hide:

Jake Kuhn

Looking good! :bow-blue: I'm sure you will make that hood look great! jake