Martin

picked up a c-125 today......

Martin

been sitting in a barn for 4 years, not running, sounds like points and dried up fuel system, usual stuff. this is the 4th one ive bought this way.

i will let the pics tell the rest, its rough, but nothing some time wont fix.

i actually bought it for parts for a new project, but it might just stay together....( or get pulled apart, and then put back together with a new set of clothes)..........

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

muffler looks good though.... :thumbs:

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

somebody's been busy here........

IMG_0945.jpg

AMC RULES

Thanks for showing the details in your as found shots Martin, usually these are the ones I forget to take.

Nice save, looks like it's got good bones.

dclarke

It'll be fun to watch what you do to this one Martin. :thumbs: I wouldn't be surprised if it's already being disassembled.

ol550

Good to see you got one with a good seat on it. :ROTF: Might need to turn the heat down when

you powder the rear fender. :ychain: Do kind of like the black hood (AMC) look. Go with another

restore, it is in way too good of shape to part out. :handgestures-thumbup: Mike

Pollack Pete

Love those black hoods.I've got a couple myself.They kinda grow on you.Good luck with your new toy.

Jake Kuhn

Nice find Martin! I can't wait to see what you do with this one. Jake

bowtiebutler956

I'm ready to watch you start another resto Martin, whether its this C-125 or your 1277, I think. Isn't your worker a 1277? Anyway, I've kind of missed following along with your biulds. :teasing-poke: By the way, that is a very solid looking C-125, and worthy of some love! :thumbs::text-coolphotos:

Matt :flags-texas:

Anglo Traction

Consensus seems to say we need you to run another Thread on this and wield your usual magic thing on it.......... Also like to see you go about Powdercoating a 2 Tone Hood :scratchead: .

KC9KAS

Good find...Looks like you may need a little more "Duct-Tape" for the seat!

Otherwise everything else isn't too bad.

Martin

Thanks for showing the details in your as found shots Martin, usually these are the ones I forget to take.

Nice save, looks like it's got good bones.

craig, im learning to make a point of pictures as much for on here as a support for my fading memory.......

helps that i use my iphone for all pics as its always around close, gotta keep up with rs......

It'll be fun to watch what you do to this one Martin. I wouldn't be surprised if it's already being disassembled.

denny, the thought went through my head on the way home with this one to take a day off today and at least get some of the easy stuff fixed.......

gotta work the day before and after a holiday, no unplanned time off or no holiday pay.......

Good to see you got one with a good seat on it. :ROTF: Might need to turn the heat down when

you powder the rear fender. :ychain: Do kind of like the black hood (AMC) look. Go with another

restore, it is in way too good of shape to part out. :handgestures-thumbup: Mike

mike, thats only reason i got this one, because it had a seat on it.... :ychain: the seat pan will get replaced with a steel one if i decide to redo this one with powder......

Love those black hoods.I've got a couple myself.They kinda grow on you.Good luck with your new toy.

ive been so wrapped up in the mid sixties long hood/foot peg tractors lately that its a nice change to get familiar with something different. this one is growing on me, ideally i would like a c175 or maybe a c195 with all the goodies, but thats not to say that this one cant have a few goodies itself......

getting a different decade wh is almost like rediscovering the hobby all over again, not an entirely different animal, but different enough to be slightly unfamiliar with, and discovering something new with these tractors is always an awesome thing....... :thumbs:

Nice find Martin! I can't wait to see what you do with this one. Jake

thanks jake, im interested in seeing what i decide to do with it as well, this one will get saved, just not sure in what capacity.......

I'm ready to watch you start another resto Martin, whether its this C-125 or your 1277, I think. Isn't your worker a 1277? Anyway, I've kind of missed following along with your biulds. :teasing-poke: By the way, that is a very solid looking C-125, and worthy of some love! :thumbs::text-coolphotos:

matt, ive been looking for the next one for a while, just wasnt sure if i was looking for my next project or my next worker.......

yes, your right in that the 1277 is my current worker, and im really looking forward to one day returning it to its former glory, just on the fence about when that will be, next or later on....

the c is going to need some disassembly to get it all straight and especially the hoodstand and hood sorted out, at the moment everything is all loose, and its been loose and worked that way for a long time.......

the steel is not as thick on these things as the earlier stuff and nothing fits together properly anymore, because everything has flexed and twisted......

the thing is definitely not safe to even sit on at the moment, so some things really need to be sorted, when you sit on the seat the whole fender pan moves if you lean from side to side as well.... fuel tank and lines will need doing, the trans is leaking real bad, etc etc, and then i still need to get it running as well.........

Consensus seems to say we need you to run another Thread on this and wield your usual magic thing on it.......... Also like to see you go about Powdercoating a 2 Tone Hood .

richard, i think this one will get its fair share of threads. i might even do some on fixing the bad stuff to get this one operational.....

ive done some masked stuff at work with different colors, not very much though. from past experience with taped edges, i think the black will be done wet on this one.........

Good find...Looks like you may need a little more "Duct-Tape" for the seat!

Otherwise everything else isn't too bad.

the previous owner put the tape on there to cover a recent mice feeding/nesting on the seat.......

the rest of the seat looked reasonable where it hadnt been attacked, shame i hadnt got it before that happened......

i think it will be getting replaced with the same style seat as on my 1057, ( mid rise, michigan seat from northern tool)

theres no way im gonna sit on that disgusting mess......

Martin
blackhoodenvy.jpg
  • Like 7

Martin
blackhoodenvy2.jpg
  • Like 6

bowtiebutler956

blackhoodenvy2.jpg

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Jake Kuhn

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh: Nice find Martin. I have one in that shape or worse that my brother has in his barn. I will drag it out this year and get it running. Enjoy the tinkering Gary B>

Martin

i couldnt help myself today, was gonna spend the day indoors since its mid 90s out, but its a reasonable 75 in the garage without the humidity, so i decided it was time to play. the fuel system needed attention, so i thought id mess around with that, pull the seat pan and tank and clean up things a bit. while i was in there i noticed the seat pan bracket that bolts to the top of the trans was bent and cracked, that is why the whole seat pan is leaning to one side. also noticed the hoodstand and dash are doing the same thing, so i started to tear into that. first thing i noticed is the steel thickness is less than the sixties stuff, its definitely noticeable, and with the hoodstand assembly tight and and squared up, strength looks to be adequate. problem is with this one most of the plates that hold each side upright and square to the frame were all loose. so the assembly just flexed and moved the whole upper dash to the left, creating a parallelogram when you look at it straight on. also as the whole assembly flexed it bent the areas that bolt together, creating gaps in the side of the hoodstand. it all needed to be pulled apart and corrected, i dont think i could get it back tight without straightening the individual pieces.

all this time im going back and forth about just pulling the whole thing apart and doing a quick strip and powder to make it look a little better. the trans leaks bad so im going to swap out that with a good one i have here, and spend the time and fix all the leaks and go through it later. then theres still the engine to get running as well.

didnt really plan on throwing this much time on this one yet with so much still to do on other stuff before kellys show, but its still needs to be fixed to make it drive decent, it was hard enough to just sit on the thing without it flexing all over the place and the hoodstand was all over the place as well......

i think the po did a lot of ditch mowing with this one........

heres some pics of todays adventure.......

IMG_0949.jpg

pulled the tank first, part of the tank gauge and mesh screen rattling around in there.....

needs a new cap/gauge and shut off......

IMG_0950.jpg

tank cleaned up.

IMG_0957.jpg

yummy.....

IMG_0951.jpg

im thinking i might make up two sheets of steel to sandwich the flat area of the seat pan top and bottom. will powdercoat them red. i think i might just clean up the pan and leave it as is.....

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

the level is standing up plumb and you can see how much the hoodstand is leaning over.....

the frame is slightly out of level as well, but the whole hoodstand right down to the frame is out of wack.....

IMG_0955.jpg

pulled off the seat pan bracket and looks like some repair is needed here....

IMG_0958.jpg

heres how the hoodstand looks from both sides, this is half of the problem why everything is moving around, the other problem was the front and id plates that keep the hoodstand square were loose from missing screws......

i tried just replacing missing screws but its still so screwed up that it had to come apart and straighten everything....

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

steering wheel has seen better days, was held on by a hose clamp that actually worked quite well.....

IMG_0961.jpg

heres how it looks right now. lower hoodstand sides need some surgery and then it can go back together.......

IMG_0968.jpg

still up in the air about how far im going to go right now on this one, its so close to being able to get it totally apart, the trans is coming off anyway, so who knows the next pics might be of it all apart........

:icecream:

squonk

Just throw the steering shaft and wheel back on and rig up a seat and fuel tank. Leave off the sheet metal. Go out and mow the yard and tell everyone it's an old tractor out of the 50's!! :):ychain: :ROTF:

• Like 1

dclarke

Took longer than I expected before you took it apart Martin. :ychain: I'll enjoy watching what you do to it. :thumbs:

can whlvr

aw just go for it,your more than half way now

Jake Kuhn

Oh I knew you would do it. Just wait by tomorrow you will post that you have it all the way apart and have it at your work :ychain: Jake

SousaKerry

Looks like someone has been doing some rough riding with that tractor, My c125/175 had some similar issues on the seat mount made up a big U shaped bracket to reinforce everything

312Hydro

Hey Martin! Nice project,fast work on your part! Don't be too quick to throw away that seat. That :wh: emblem would look nice cut out and re sewn into a new seat .

Oh,Oh! I like your Wheel Horse funnies too! Kinda reminds me of "CARS". Maybe you can get them syndicated!

Road-Track

Looks like someone rolled this one in the past. :confusion-seeingstars: Love the Black Hood! They look tough just sitting there.

312Hydro

Looks like someone rolled this one in the past. :confusion-seeingstars:

Wasn't me! :auto-swerve:
  • Like 1

Fordiesel69

This brings back memories of our old c-125. Paint was shot. So I sanded the entire thing and thinned down rustoluem with gasoline and sprayed it in a cheap spray gun. Scary part is it came out great and lasted for a good 7 yrs and then just disappeared. So I have no idea how it looks today....... It was a great tractor but the seat pan was also all cracked up just like yours.