Wheelhorse84

b-80 price

Wheelhorse84

I have the chance to buy a b-80 that does not have the high low selector for the tranny. The previous owner said it stopped running, when I turn the flywheel by hand it spins without that compression hump. Rod snapped? Anyways it has rear weights (Wheelhorse) a mower deck in ok shape a plow and chains. The tractor is in pretty good original shape. Assuming the motor is bad what would be a fair price? Also why no high low range?

TT

The 1974/75 B-80 models were medium frame (43.5" wheelbase) 4 speeds. (3 speeds forward + reverse)

Price depends entirely on how bad you want it. I wouldn't go more than $100 - but that's me.

• Like 1

Sparky

In 1974 they were made with just the 4 speed (B-80 4speed). If you want a price of what its worth add up the price the attachments would sell for seperately. You already know what real WH cast weights are worth, maybe $150 for the plow, $40 for the rear axle bracket, $150 for the deck (I'm assuming its a 36"er), and toss in a $100 for the tractor and that whats its worth. What to offer you ask? Obviously less than the first value number you came up with.

Mike.............

can whlvr

i wont pay more than 100 bucks for a non runner,it could be carbon holding the valves open if you are lucky,but its a good chance its the rod like you said

bowtiebutler956

For what its worth, I love my B-80. Mine is a 74 model, and only has the 4 speed, but its a great machine. :thumbs: I know I would give more than $100 for one with all those attachments, even if the engine was missing completely! :twocents-02cents: Here is mine.

Matt :flags-texas:

post-6076-0-27666300-1341281611.jpg

• Like 2

bean

• ! :twocents-02cents: Here is mine.

what size engine do you have in your b-80? that ain't no 8hp!

• Like 1

woodbird007

For what its worth, I love my B-80. Mine is a 74 model, and only has the 4 speed, but its a great machine. :thumbs: I know I would give more than $100 for one with all those attachments, even if the engine was missing completely! :twocents-02cents: Here is mine.

Nice B 80. I have 2) 74 B 80s but with the little Kohlers. What lights did you put on yours and is it still the 15amp charging system?

bowtiebutler956

• ! :twocents-02cents: Here is mine.

what size engine do you have in your b-80? that ain't no 8hp!

Its a K301 12hp Kohler. Gives her a little more kick! :woohoo:

Nice B 80. I have 2) 74 B 80s but with the little Kohlers. What lights did you put on yours and is it still the 15amp charging system?

Yes, its still a 15 amp charging system, and the lights are just standard implement lights you can pick up at almost any auto parts. :thumbs:

hm12460

Might be worth $150 if the deck is nice.

Kevin McManigal

looking for some advice, I required a running all original b-80 4speed with snow plow an mower deck paint is faded all decals are there any idea on its value was thinking maybe fresh paint an decals or maybe just resell. I paid 50 dollars an know its worth more then that in scrap but have a soft spot for older cool stuff an hate to see it junked... Any advice or opinions would be grateful because I know absolutely nothing about these machines thank you

rmaynard

As always, pictures would help. Hard to tell anything without them. You said you paid $50.00 for it. The question is, do you want to sell it, insure it, or what. Right now the value is $50.00. It could sell for more right now if it runs good and you find the right buyer. With some freshening, it could sell for a lot more. I think average price for what you have should be in the $100 to $150 price with those accessories, but I don't know how the market is in your area for Wheel Horses.

:WRS:

Edited by rmaynard

Kevin McManigal

wasn't sure if it was worth the time an money to spruce it up a bit or leave it as is. thank you for responding