Sign in to follow this  
Jake Kuhn

Where to mount a flag on my 401?

Jake Kuhn

Hey guys,Think I am going to run the duallie in the parade on wednesday and don't know where to mount a flag on it. Scott mehlburg recommended mounting some of those little mounts that you can get at a hardware store on the frame but I think my stack will get in the way. I was thinking somewhere towards the rear but I don't know where? I do not have a hitch or a toolbox on it. Any Ideas? Thanks Jake

Kelly

Just drill a hole in the hood behind the gas tank, but you will need a tall mast for it, so the flag is not in your face.

Just kiddin, can you make a mount using the holes where the hitch goes?

jay in nc

when we bought this flag from glen pettit they included the mounting board. 2 zip ties attatch it to the axle. If you want to fly a full size american flag the best place is the rear hitch, a piece of 1 in pipe with a 1/2 bolt welded on the bottom. slise the flag pole in it and fly old glory! have fun Jaypost-4393-0-29483600-1341270147_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Rooster

How about something like this that would pin or bolt in where the hitch mounts, it would just rock back at an angle against the case?

post-5219-0-09832100-1341272066_thumb.pn

• Like 2

decksetter

zip tie to the lift lever maybe?

Or maybe you could get 2 flags, make the flag poles cross behind the grille in front of the engine?

• Like 1

Wheel Crazy

I say use a larger flag and mount it to the deck lever somehow, using zipties or hose clamps.

Wheel Crazy

flag.jpg

Yeah that would look cool!! Get a small piece of metal or wood and ziptie it ti the inside of thr hood. Then put small flags on either side!!

COMMANDO1

THIS

post-6199-0-73199200-1341317757.jpg

Jake Kuhn

Thanks guys for the ideas. That looks like a good mount commando but I do not have a seat with a back on it. Here is a pic of my tractor. I don't want to scratch anything on it though and drill no holes. Thanks Jake

102_0232.JPG

bowtiebutler956

Jake, how about fabbing up a L bracket with a 1/2 hole in it that you can just take the retaining nut of your seat pan, and bolt on. Then just take it off when done. Shouldn't do any damage at all. :twocents-02cents:

Matt :flags-texas:

546cowboy

I do have one on my hot rod tractor. I used an old CB antenna that had a mounting plate. Just had to mount it with two self tapping bolts to the back of the frame and used two wire ties to attach the flag to the antenna.

Actually I painted this around the 4th of July so I guess this is my Parade Tractor for the 4th of July.

post-1334-0-43833400-1341341250_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-72650700-1341341423_thumb.jp

Wheel Crazy

Well........ Where are the pictures??