Sign in to follow this  
wh17

rear bracket help

wh17

i just got a raider 14 to make it a puller and i dont know what the best way to make a rear wieght bracket. it has the compartment under the seat but im willing to modify if any one has any pics or sugestions it would be appreciated i can upload pics if needed Thanks Jon

jhunsch

Hope this help with making a rear bracket.

There are off course many ways to do it, here are some photos of what I came up with. It works well for me, doesn’t look great but works. For me it had to be low cost and hold up under the pull, it does that.

One of the club rules is, (The pulling hitch, wheelie bars must be able to like the tractor with all the weight on it for the class you pull in). It’s a good thing to do for safety. No one wants to find out on the track that it cant take the strain. How ever lifting is not the same as the pull, this just gives a good idea of strength. I also have a B80 and really enjoy taking it to pulls. I like being around all the good folks out there & the fund raisers the club in involved in. I call my B80 RUSTY and it was put together on a Low Budget.

I am happy how it pulls. Good luck making your puller. Please post some pictures as you go.

I hope the links work.

Jeff

P1070238.jpg

P1070237.jpg

P1070239.jpg

I recently replaced the 8hp kohler with a 20hp kohler.

B80andM20Repower.jpg

B80andM20.jpg

I pulled against this Allis Chalmers and we both had a full pull in the 2000lb class I think I weighed in @ 1905 lbs. In the pull off he beat me by 6 feet. Not bad for 8hp kohler he had 22hp.

It took almost 4 min to get down the track, My B80 turned some heads that day.

jeff_and_the_ac_500x2801.jpg

• Like 1

Rooster

Wow that is just awesome. Congrats