Sign in to follow this  
SousaKerry

Beating the bushes

SousaKerry

Was out today looking at some property that my girfeinds family owns. Beaten down the undergrowth and Lookie what I found. A quick phone call and it's all mine for free too.

I'll have to go back for the cub with another day

post-4531-134110761851_thumb.jpg

post-4531-134110764311_thumb.jpg

post-4531-134110769417_thumb.jpg

post-4531-134110771461_thumb.jpg

post-4531-134110773857_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

SousaKerry

O btw anybody got a guess on the age and model if the cub l don't know the first thing about them. Did have a k-301 in it.

diesel cowboy

Great score. The cadet is a model 1250. 12 horse hydrostatic drive. They were made from oct. of '74 to june of '80. There a great machine. Just need to check the motor mounts because when they get worn out they have a tendancy to shake badly and loosen up the bolts that hold the pan to the mount rails and wipe out the pan because its aluminum. And maybe try to find the missing shrouds that go over the muffler. It realy helps on the cooling. And alot of the attachments are the same as the previous two generations so they should be easy to find if you want to use it for that. Whats the attachment coming off the back? Hope this helps, Stewart

bowtiebutler956

You lucky dog. :woohoo: Nice score! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

SousaKerry

I have no idea what that thing is maybe some type of crane boom? Definatly a cobble job has a hydraulic cylinder on it.

post-4531-134112768944_thumb.jpg

canam1991

those cylinders are from a alhpa one mercrusier sten drive lol not a bad cobble

SousaKerry

That would make sense apparently the former owner used to own a mobile marina prolly used it to move the boats around there are 3 boats on the property all over grown with creeper vines

312Hydro

When you pull the Cub and the discs, make sure to leave an old Wheel Horse seat in it's place. Might be worth going back in a few years and seeing what grew! Great find!

Duff

When you pull the Cub and the discs, make sure to leave an old Wheel Horse seat in it's place. Might be worth going back in a few years and seeing what grew! Great find!

:ROTF:

Duff :laughing-lettersrofl:

Leon Renaud

I have no idea what that thing is maybe some type of crane boom? Definatly a cobble job has a hydraulic cylinder on it.

I'd almost bet there is a trailer ball on the end of that boom so they could drive up to a boat and trailer slide the ball under the tongue and lift it and drive off without leaving the tractor seat. there is also a likelyhood that there is a padded V bar like on the front of a boatr trailer that fits across the bow to push off boats from a beach , A marina here had a rig along these lines and thats how they used it moving trailers and launching boats.

cpete1

Did you give your girlfriend a "commission" for your find? Sorry, had to ask...LOL

Fun Engineer

Nice find Kerry.