Sign in to follow this  
Wheel Crazy

Horse Stables!

Wheel Crazy

Post pictures of where and how you store your Wheel Horse Tractors! Thanks!

bowtiebutler956

Does it count if we only have one Horse? :hide: Anyway, here is apic of where mine lives. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

post-6076-0-72093300-1341032307.jpg

post-6076-0-78364400-1341032417_thumb.jp

post-6076-0-43582500-1341032533.jpg

varosd

Things are bigger in Texas! errr..I mean the super size-me garage! Matt, looks like you can fill it with more WH Red! :D

• Like 1

AMC RULES

This is my little two :wh: barn.

In it, I board my beauty and beast together in hopes that they'll mate.

I'll keep checking, and report back when they do. :popcorn:

post-3498-0-24464500-1341053564_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-47326800-1341053768_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-79662300-1341053876_thumb.jp

• Like 2

SousaKerry

Well mine are scattered to the wind some in storage some in a shed others under the house in pieces.

post-4531-134105648925_thumb.jpg

post-4531-134105680144_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

I think I would get to work right away repainting the JD green :wh: ! :scared-eek: Still a very nice heard! :thumbs:

jay in nc

heres a few of my horse stable, built from 5 shipping pallets!post-4393-0-40328000-1341096123_thumb.jpmandoor open.post-4393-0-73246100-1341096218_thumb.jpfront side closedpost-4393-0-35013100-1341096309_thumb.jptractor doors open.post-4393-0-47735800-1341096687_thumb.jppost-4393-0-47735800-1341096687_thumb.jp then this is where i park my pickuptrucks wheel-n-it came over today to pick up the parts i got for him at the big show & we rode tractors to the backyard tractor shed post-4393-0-99885600-1341096757_thumb.jpas a side note all these buildings were built by me out of recycled, reclaimed materials

post-4393-0-26768000-1341096403_thumb.jp

post-4393-0-87287200-1341096837_thumb.jp

• Like 4

bowtiebutler956

Thats way more treasure than any one man should have! :scared-eek: The :wh: with the opposed twin Briggs, and dual exhaust got my attention, and the old Chevy carry all. You have the :wh: disease baaaaad!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

jay in nc

matt. you don't know the half of it! ask anyone who was at our M & G there are 6 more panel trucks + other pickups etc. to quote Jeff Foxworthy " you might be a redneck if you mow your grass & find a car! " well i Lost a 1946 buick cut down into an el camino with a wrecker boom on it! turns out i piled 2 truckloads of metal building roof metal on it. i found it when i built the tractor shed i rebuild & recycle Everything Jay lost in space junk!!!

• Like 1

rydogg

Here is a picture of one of my shelf units I put these on each side of my pole barn I have enough room for 12 horses on and under one shelf and 18 on or under the other I only use the top shelf for big bulky items that I can fit in my Farmall H tractor bucket. The 604 and 633 get used frequently so they are in the shop and the 701 is kept in my other garage so if I lose a building I won't lose my entire collection.

post-2337-0-33784500-1341122788_thumb.jp

• Like 2

546cowboy

Just remember you asked for this. Actually this was a horse ranch before my 86 year old mother got too old to take care of the 15 horses she used to have. By the way along with my heart problem a couple months ago, she had a stroke about a month ago and is still in the hospital. I really need to sell some of this stuff and it's at www.cowboysredhorses.com

Anyway here are quite a few pictures and I do have plenty of room yet but I need to thin the herd. If you thought Matt's shop was big this will blow your mind. Thee ones stored inside normally have tarps over them also. There are four under tarps in my main shop( the picture with the roll-around tool tray).

post-1334-0-45013600-1341144576_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-83190700-1341144590_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-97245100-1341144618_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-74517400-1341144632_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-60315700-1341144645_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-89420900-1341144654_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-32083400-1341144666_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-26860400-1341144684_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-31272300-1341144706_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-09537700-1341144746_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-78219100-1341144885_thumb.jp

• Like 2

AMC RULES

What do you mean, used to be a horse ranch?

Looks like it still is...Lynn's :wh: Ranch.

You've still got a whole lot of space left to fill up there. :)

546cowboy

Well we do still have two horses left plus my 15. :ROTF: That barn is 210 ft. long and @48 ft. wide but there is an indoor arena and a big tack room with horse stalls on one side.

Pollack Pete

Here's a few pics of 3 of my stables.The first is what used to be my shop(now taken over by horses)The last 2 pics are of my 20 foot shipping containers.Some horses also live in various corners of my barn and garage.Unfortuneately,about 12 or 15 horses live outdoors.But hey,they're tough critters anyway.

post-3248-0-81497200-1341147716_thumb.jp

post-3248-0-34360400-1341147756_thumb.jp

post-3248-0-33711500-1341147817_thumb.jp

Horse Play

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

55rj35jr

top photo my garage bottom my overflow stays in trailer

• Like 2

can whlvr

003.jpg

009-2.jpg

bowtiebutler956

Some of you guys really got the :wh: disease BAD !! I'm not worthy. :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :text-coolphotos:

whfan74

Well it is a huge mess right now. Will hopefully get a day or two this summer to pull everything out and reorganize the chaos.

DSCF1353.jpg

DSCF1354.jpg

DSCF1356.jpg

• Like 3

redstallion3201

Heres my so to speak "Stable"

post-1630-0-31893400-1341279158_thumb.jp

post-1630-0-63209400-1341279178_thumb.jp

post-1630-0-82364600-1341279275_thumb.jp

• Like 1

redstallion3201

Sorry for the second post but thought you would like to see the outside too.

post-1630-0-66336200-1341279791_thumb.jp

• Like 2

jay in nc

thats real nice, i enjoyed looking at your herd at the show, sorry we didn't get to meet. Jay

rj35hunter

We keep our tractors in the basement, but slowly running out of room......currently working on a shelving system to store more.

Clay

7541104944_3481e91165_z.jpg

7540993654_eca8e494ac_z.jpg

7540993864_5e46348aa9_z.jpg

7540991670_e51805b188_z.jpg

7540924742_9b056e29ac_z.jpg

• Like 9

Ken B

Clay that there is a very nice collection of roundie rounds!

neil

Clay

Can i come and live at your house

Wow what a fantastic collection

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• mmmmmdonuts
      By mmmmmdonuts
      I have approximately an 10x12 lean to shed attached to my house on the side of my side loading garage. I currently have a double door that is 6' wide by 6x10" high. The problem I am having is the door starting to fall apart. It is also framed very heavily with 2x6s. So I am currently looking to either do another double door or a garage door. Part of the reason the door is getting damaged in the first place is because water pools at the bottom of the door in the winter and freezes and I have to basically heat and or chisel the ice away. It is where I store my snowblower. 

My wife ruled out a sliding barn door and a roll up door mainly for appearance purposes.

I was starting to lean to a 8w x7h regular garage door but see a few cons. 

1) It would block the light when up. 
      2) I would lose quite of bit overhead storage and about 2 feet of wall space.
      3) There would be much more work reframing parts of the wall to fit the door.

Pros.
      1) I could fit my wheel horse plow and snowblower side by side. 
      2) Shouldn't freeze to the concrete as easily with a rubber seal. 
      3) Don't have to shovel out the doors to get the snowblower out. 

I was wondering what thoughts you guys had on and if I am missing something.

Thanks. 

• CasualObserver
      By CasualObserver
      I've been dreaming of a new shop space to work on tractors and generally store things at my house. We already had a three car garage on the house and could only fit one vehicle in it due to the large space that kids toys, bikes, zero turn mower, shelving and a workbench already occupied. Well.. that stuff and a few or so little garden tractors... but they don't take up that much space, right?   Anyway...  we'd been talking about building my dream shop for several years. We live on a large in-town parcel, so there's plenty of room, but as with most things, it comes down to when it can fit in the budget. I drew it up several times on the building designer at Menards dreaming of when we could go forward. Well, in the early 2017 we decided to go ahead with it, and I came up with my final layout plan.

We proceeded under the option of build the shell, and finish what we can later. We went over and over the list of things to do now and later. Things I wanted that had to be done now for sure were the rough in for the in-floor heat and the attic trusses. I had a contractor friend who would GC and frame it for me if I bought all the materials and he could do it on his own schedule. Yep, done. I figure I could have built it myself, but it would have taken most of the summer of every night and weekend, as well as the headaches of arranging the subs for the stuff I couldn't do, but if he could do it, and he has all the contacts/subs already... I'm money and time ahead to work some extra overtime and avoid the headaches.

The previous owners of our place had a gravel RV parking next to the house. The old poorly done timber walls were deteriorating and leaning with age.It was convenient for parking the trailer, and nice when the kids were little that we could park off the driveway so they could play, but every year inevitably it was always a weedy mess by mid-summer.

Step one, remove ugly timber wall.  Lucky for me my neighbor had an chainsaw with a garbage blade on it. He came over and we were able to cut the wall into 12 ft sections that we loaded on the trailer for the dump.

Next, met with our contractor friend to stake and mark it out. Since part of the goal was to reduce the amount of gravel, the equivalence of one car parking space was being removed and returned to grass on the left edge.

Then just before the excavator was to start work, the kids and I did a little groundbreaking for the big project.

Some gravel removed and sand base laid down and compacted.

Concrete guys laid the forms for me on a Friday night so I could lay the insulation and pex for the in-floor heat.

Like any kids, the call of the sand pile was irresistible.

Next day I had help to lay the insulation boards and pex. Might seem silly to see two people carrying these boards that weigh all of 2 lbs each... but notice all the pavers? I'd been hoping for good weather to do the insulation and pex..... what I got was great temperature, bright, sunny......and 25 mph sustained winds with 40-50 mph gusts. So.... two guys to carry each flippin' board and weight it down. Ugh.... made the process much longer.

Got the pex down, which went very smoothly. Three zones, stapled to the foam board.

Monday morning I get a call.... inspector won't pass it because there's no pressure test on the pex. Ugh. Nothing about that in our building code, but what am I going to do? Project can't go on without his initials. So... I build a pressure manifold, tie all three zones into one long line and charge it up.  Tues morning, concrete guys are onsite... inspector shows up and says ok.

By the time I get home from work, I have a new slab.  

Lumber pack shows up the day before the family and I are leaving for a week at the cabin. When I pulled out of driveway, construction was underway. We got a few progress pics through the weeks from various friends.

And I returned a week later to this.  Totally the best way to build a shop!  I was out of his way, he was out of mine... worked out perfectly.

I installed the overhead doors, had the electrician come and trench the electric over. Got the gas line roughed in for the boiler as well while the trench was open.

After that, the excavator came back with the final top dress for final grading.  

We bit the bullet and decided to go with sod right away. Even got the kids to help for a little while. Couple of neighbors (one of whom happens to be a professional landscaper) came over the chip in too, and three pallets later....

Now we're at slow progress time. I bought all the construction materials on a Menards 11% rebate, so once I got the rebate check I started to finish the interior. Got the vapor barrier up, and ceiling rocked with 12 foot 5/8" type x. 105 lbs each. Ugh. Thank God for drywall lifts, right!?

More rebate checks allowed for the insulation and rock for the walls.

Then we came to a complete standstill..... got enough stuff moved out of the house garage to get both the car and truck in for the winter, but with no heat and no ceiling insulation the shop was just a big storage box for winter.

Spring this year rolled around and prioritizing shop work made it to the list. I realized it's going to be much easier to get the interior done before I move in. So... started back at it. I got the floors masked off and got tape and mud done... then the girls helped me paint.

Did the floor with Rock Solid polycuramine kits from Menards... grey with flakes and a textured topcoat to make it less slippery if wet. This is a long and multi-stage process. First it required renting a diamond grinder and grinding off the curing sealer. Then powerwashing three times to remove all dust and debris.  The base coat went on, cured for a few days, and topcoated three days later. Then I let that cure for a week before moving in. It's supposed to be cured in 24 hours, but why rush it if not necessary?

Finally ready to move in.

Got some used kitchen cabinet take outs and installed them for the workshop area.

Really looking forward to getting stuff organized and cleaned up now.  It's totally a dream come true. Still have to buy and install the boiler and get the ceiling insulated... but those are things that can be worked around. Up until this point it's been much easier to have minimal stuff in the way.

If you made it all the way to the bottom, thanks for taking the time to read it.  Get more done, have more fun!!   

• Pullstart
      By Pullstart
      Pretty soon, the tractors will have a place for everything and everything in it’s place!

We put up another section of racking and it will allow for some custom pallets at 66” long and 44” wide to store tractors 3-wide in the racking.  The closest green upright is 9’ tall, it’ll be a shell for the buggy to rest on top of 

• Jim Demery
      By Jim Demery
      I have a small problem with my garage being a little too full of tractors every fall. This year my plan is to build a rack big enough to store 4 tractors on the floor with room for 4 more overhead. 

If anyone on Redsquare has anything like that already in service, pictures would be greatly appreciated.