Sign in to follow this  
Raider10

Flamin Heck!!!

Raider10

:eek: Oops! Had a wee accident with some thinners again tonight. Almost set garage on fire. I,m sure meadowfield will post a pic at some point. Stray spark set tub of thinners on fire which had paint brushes in. Had already moved one tub but didnt see the other lurking on the bench, hence a wee fire started. Almost carried it to the door but it got too hot so threw it on the floor just inside the door setting the floor and my shoe on fire.

A hasty dash for the fire extinguisher and jobs a good un! Must stop leaving thinners all over the place though!

It was all meadowfields fault though coz it was his stuff i was welding!

Wheel Crazy

I hope everyone is ok!!

Coadster32

Always blame the guy not in the room. Glad to hear you didn't char up the place.

Anglo Traction

:text-yeahthat: Good to know you and the Stock are unharmed. :angry-extinguishflame: Things people do to simulate a warm Summer :hide:

Zeek

Careful you could be IBleedRed . . . :happy-bouncyredfire::angry-extinguishflame:

neil

could be the most valuable lesson that you ever learned

glad your ok

And most of all no damage to any of your horses

Raider10

:) Its not the first time. Did it last year. Knocked an old tin can over which had brushes soaking in it. That ran all over bench. Trouble was the bench was an absolute s**t tip and i couldnt mop it up so i left it to evaporate. Then being rather stupid i put my hot air gun down in the middle of it whilst it was still glowing and whoosh, up it all went, setting most of the bench on fire. It started to burn and char everything on on the bench including my hand lamp and my electric drill, plus some stuff in the pigeon holes above the bench! I was starting to panic a little by this stage trying to put out the large barbecue i'd unintentionally started. tried damping down the flames with various sheety clothy things but to no avail! Ended up dashing from garage, down across the yard and dragging the hose pipe up. Luckily the hose is a retractable reel! The fire was soon extinguished, thankfully not causing too much damage. The main concern was my dinner was ready and was probably going cold! Rather ironically we were having a barbecue as well!

I inspected the damage after feeding my face. The black smoke had gone and the smell of charred plastic etc filled the air. Luckily My electric drill was ok although a bit melted round the edges. lost my hand lamp and a few other unimportant bits and bobs.

Still, dont suppose i'm the only one to have done this and certainly wont be the last. No doubt Meadowfield will start taking the mick, not mentioning that he set his garage on fire recently and also my dad Norlett who set his wooden, yes WOODEN! coal scuttle on fire!

Luckily for all concerned no lasting harm was done. Just need to move all my containers of thinners. might aquire a new extinguisher at some point and perhaps a fire blanket. A tidy up would help too!

Ta ta. Ian

meadowfield

I set the wall on fire! not the garage...

for those who want to see the flames (after he had thrown the tub at me)

IMG-20120629-00864.jpg

:*****:

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Glad everyone is ok. That sound like something I would have done. :ROTF:

Matt :flags-texas:

Norlett

Its all right raider10 and meadowfield laughing.Ha Ha .

Its my Garage.or Should be.I.ve been shoved out into a wooden shed.Complete with wooden coal scuttle.

It does'nt hold much coal now.Its got holes burnt in it.

Theres never a dull moment at this house.

You can see they are always horsing about.or should I say a**ing about. :greetings-wavegreen: :greetings-wavegreen: :greetings-wavegreen:

Rooster

Mental Note: When working with Raider10, keep charged fire extinguisher handy!

Stigian

Mental Note: When working with Raider10, keep charged fire extinguisher handy!

Just don't let him near any BBQ's at Ardingly :ROTF:

meadowfield

aye !!!!

we'll all go hungry...

:ychain: