Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

My Winter Team pics

Sparky

Hey guys. Finally got around to getting the winter crew all set up and mower decks off. On the left is a 312-8 with a 4000 watt generator. Next is a C-125 auto/hydraulic lift with a 42" single stage snow-chucker. Next one is a "76" B-100 8 speed with a 42" plow. On the end is a C-85 8 speed with a 42" plow that my 12 year old son will use to plow this year. If ya see this crew coming down yer street ya best hide the women and children and get some hot coco going :D !!

Mike.......bring on the snow <_>

111111001.jpg

111111002.jpg

111111004.jpg

nylyon

That snow doesn't stand a chance at yer place this year. Would have figured the 418A would have the blower on it to shoot some snow over to Rhode Island!

Sparky

I wanted to set up the 418 but it has blown a fuse and the dash lights, headlights and who knows what else is not currently working. It will start tho. I dont want to just pop in a new fuse till I figure out what caused it to blow so its on the injured list for now. Once the garage project is over at my place I'll have some time to investigate and a place to do it as well.

Mike....with new tractor blues :D ....

T-Mo

Mike,

Good looking crew. I really like that generator.

I also notice your "storage units". Could you tell me more about the green, soft cover one and what your opinion of it is? How does it hold up to say, a hail storm or a wind storm? I need more storage myself and I have a wood shed that's my wife's and she doesn't want any tractors in it, and I have an Arrow type 10 x 13 metal shed similar to yours there and a couple of other sheds that's seen their better days. So I'm thinking of solutions, even one like your green one there.

kj4kicks

Good Lookin' herd there, Mike. Can't wait to see them in the new stable!

Eldon.

Rollerman

Nice looking tractor Mike.

Now I can see I ate crow again in my previous post Greg had asked about the headlights.

Totally differant setup...whats worse is I have both types... :D

I too am curious about the canvas/tarp shed in the forground?

Stephen in northern IN

kpinnc

Nice looking herd there Mike! :D

Just one more reminder that my horses need to get out of the shed, and into the yard. :P

Looks like you've got the winter chores covered!

Kevin

Sparky

Ahh...the green shed. I get more questions about that shed than anything else I own. If someone comes to my house to pick-up an e-bay item or something else I have sold they allways ask about it.

It 12'wide, 20'long, and 8' high so you can stand in it no problem. My sheetmetal shed is to low for me to stand in. The tubing is heavy gage and galvanized and is bolted together with 3/8 hardware. The vinyl covering is about to take on its 4th winter and it has no rips, holes, or other issues. Both ends have zippered doors but I only use one end. The zipper has been opened and closed a zillion times :D and has never failed. It took my father and I one full day to put it up but now that I have done one I could cut that time in half I'm sure. I actually took time to read the instructions but wouldnt need to do that again :P .

I built a 12x20 deck with pressure treated 2x8s and 3/4 tongue and groove plywood and the deck sits on concrete blocks. The sides of the shed have "skirts" that would lay on the ground if thats where you put it but for me they overhang the wood deck which keeps out wind. I would definately recommend one to anyone who needed more storage but would also recomend getting it off the ground. I also anchored the tubing to the deck so its not going to blow away. The wood deck and the shed cost me less than $1000 which is much less than a wood shed of the same size. Mine is a Shelter King brand and I can buy a new cover for it if the top gets destroyed or damaged for around $300 if I remember right. It will hold 9 fullsize WH tractors easily. I have some shelves in mine and only have 7 tractors in it. I also ran temporary power to it and have a radio and an 8' flourescent fixture in it. In the winter the snow tends to slide off it and does not collect so its not in danger of collapsing.

Mike......

T-Mo

Thanks, Mike. I remember you posting about it before (thanks, Karl, for the link). But I didn't remember all the particulars. I agree if I had one I would want to build a floor for it. I wonder what other sizes are available. I will try and find more info on them. Thanks, again.