nlmoc

wheel horse 310-8

nlmoc

Just found this site and was hoping some of the members could give me a little information. I have a 310-8 that needs a deck. I was wondering which model would would work on it. The cutting width does not really matter, I just need to get a deck on it. Any info would be appreciated.

bean

any of the tach-a-matic decks will work. 36" or 42" are your 2 options. I have a 42" rear discharge deck, and the 310 does a good job with it. save yourself a lot of greif and try and get a deck in good condition.

you will need a mule drive also, if you don't already have one.

my experience has been that you will probably have to spend $175-250 to get a good deck and mule drive.

rmaynard

:WRS: Glad to have you aboard.

kpinnc

any of the tach-a-matic decks will work. 36" or 42" are your 2 options.

Actually, it's a little better than that. The decks that will work are the "Attach-A-Matic" versions of:

36- inch rear discharge

36- inch side discharge (modified rear discharge models- looks the same with a chute welded on the side)

37- inch side discharge (as long as you have 6-inch front wheels on the tractor- arguably the best cut of all these models with your machine)

42- inch side discharge

42- inch rear discharge

48- inch side discharge (it will fit, but is a bit too big for the 10hp engine in thick grass)

I've used all of these decks with my 310-8, with the exception of the 36 SD. The 42-inch versions are probably as big as you'll want to go, but the 310-8 will handle them very well. I've used my 48SD in a pinch, but the engine's governor gets a good workout with that one. Probably not the best for long-term use...

The 310-8 is a great all-around machine for most any implement you want to put on it. Great on gas, but plenty strong. One of my favorite tractors without question.

• Like 1

Kelly

:WRS: where are you located? I have a few decks.

urdrwho10

You and I are in the same position. I searched and searched for a deck but to no avail. I finally bought a 212-H to use until I find a deck. I miss my 310-8.

Just found this site and was hoping some of the members could give me a little information. I have a 310-8 that needs a deck. I was wondering which model would would work on it. The cutting width does not really matter, I just need to get a deck on it. Any info would be appreciated.

redhorse100

i need a deck also for a 310-8 can you look for two

Wheel Crazy

:WRS:

boovuc

I use a 36" SD on my 310-8. For me, it's perfect for it as a 42" in higher grass makes it work harder than I want it too. Not an issue if you keep your grass cut down on a regular basis. I'm amazed you can't find mower decks for your tractors. Those tractors are the standard bearers that fit every C-series, 300, 400 and 500 series Wheelhorse for decades. I have an extra 42" but since I put some welding into it and new spindles, I'm holding onto it just in case. I would constantly check your local Craigslists and classified sites and newspapers. I got rid of two decks last year locally because I was tired of moving them around.

Good Luck and I almost forgot!

:WRS:

• Like 1

redhorse100

HI the decks that i have found near me all have been very high priced. they want more for the deck than the tractors. at this point i am looking at wheel horses i dont want just because it has a deck with it that will fit my 310-8. i am not a welder and can not repair rot holes.that is y i need a good deck. i can pay the 400.00 to 700.00 4 a deck thats what they are asking but would rather pay 600.00 to 700.00 for a good c series with a deck on it. dont know y they are so high. i guess i should of went to the big show thanks for letting me vent a little joe w

kloe0699

HI the decks that i have found near me all have been very high priced. they want more for the deck than the tractors. at this point i am looking at wheel horses i dont want just because it has a deck with it that will fit my 310-8. i am not a welder and can not repair rot holes.that is y i need a good deck. i can pay the 400.00 to 700.00 4 a deck thats what they are asking but would rather pay 600.00 to 700.00 for a good c series with a deck on it. dont know y they are so high. i guess i should of went to the big show thanks for letting me vent a little joe w

Keep looking on craigs list. As the mowing season slows down they will pop up for sale everywhere. Mower decks in good shape don't usually come cheap per say. You may also find a C series with a deck for a reasonable price. Having multiple horses happens. :thumbs: Good luck!

urdrwho10

If I find two I'll let you know but I probably have a better chance at finding a unicorn than 2 decks in the same place. :)

i need a deck also for a 310-8 can you look for two

njdpo

Yeah - been there too... I needed a 36" rear discharge attach-a-matic for my commando 800 (8 HP) .

a few weeks back I bought a whole 310-8 with a nice deck, plow blade, and cart for $200... (found it on Craigslist ) and immeadiately moved the mower deck to the Commando after cleaning / lubing it . Very happy ... now to have a quick look at the 310-8 before I pick it clean...

Turns out the motor on the 310-8 is now running great (it was seized up a bit ) - now I need another mower deck for the 310-8 now!

I have a 42 inch side discharge that needs a spindle housing - so I might just get that deck operational.

Im stuck in mower deck hell !!!

Dave in NJ...

• Like 1

can whlvr

im suure you could find a used spindle housing in the want add area,that can be shipped and we have some good used parts guys here

just1redone

I too Will be looking for a deck for a 310-8. Just need to get winter done with. :roll:

WH nut

Get a hold of Kelly, he will hook you up with decks. he will probably see this post and respond.

• Like 1