Sign in to follow this  
Wheel Crazy

My First Round Hood!!! 1962 502

Wheel Crazy

Thanks Rydogg! I think I need to take off the pullies and belt guard to tell? Here some pictures!

Is there any other way to identify it?

IMG_5252.jpg

IMG_5253.jpg

IMG_5254.jpg

It's got a Briggs and Stratton exhaust.

IMG_5255.jpg

I don't think the motor is original.

rydogg

It's a replacement engine the lausons typically had an oil pump failure and were replaced with tecumseh h60 engines it's fairly commom if you paint it red most people won't know the difference...the tecumseh is a good engine they just have a tempermental carburetor that sometimes needs minor tuning I run an inline filter and clean them well and they run great for me

Wheel Crazy

It's a replacement engine the lausons typically had an oil pump failure and were replaced with tecumseh h60 engines it's fairly commom if you paint it red most people won't know the difference...the tecumseh is a good engine they just have a tempermental carburetor that sometimes needs minor tuning I run an inline filter and clean them well and they run great for me

Thanks Rydogg! Well I guess the next decision is to whether keep the h60 or put the 5.5 running OHV Honda motor I have in the tractor??

roscoemi

Great find, get the Techy running and save the Honda for another project! I figured you were in that area, I grew up in Warren. Just something about the houses and the car had a familiar feel!

Wheel Crazy

Great find, get the Techy running and save the Honda for another project! I figured you were in that area, I grew up in Warren. Just something about the houses and the car had a familiar feel!

Thanks! Oh yeah, what part of Warren did you grow up in?

roscoemi

14 and Hayes, north east corner of Warren. After I got out of the Army in '89, we used to hang at Stoney Creek on Sundays with my '56 Chevy tellin lies and chasin bikinies.

Wheel Crazy

14 and Hayes, north east corner of Warren. After I got out of the Army in '89, we used to hang at Stoney Creek on Sundays with my '56 Chevy tellin lies and chasin bikinies.

Oh ok! My parents, aunts, and uncles all went to Warren High and grew up in the area.

rydogg

Thanks Rydogg! Well I guess the next decision is to whether keep the h60 or put the 5.5 running OHV Honda motor I have in the tractor??

Either one is a good choice just avoid cutting the hood if you put the honda in it since those hoods are getting hard to find in good uncut condition

SkyhawkTL

sweet tractor - great engine - perfect project for a restore, then put it to work.

Kingwood990

Sweet 502 Wheel Crazy. I think I am in love with the Ford.

Wheel Crazy

Either one is a good choice just avoid cutting the hood if you put the honda in it since those hoods are getting hard to find in good uncut condition

Yeah. I will not cut the hood. If I can't get the Techy to run or if the Honda don't work, then I am gonna buy another motor!! lol

Wheel Crazy

sweet tractor - great engine - perfect project for a restore, then put it to work.

Thanks!! Not sure if I am going to do a full restore, I may just keep the patina? It will be put to work in the winter plowing my driveway!

Sweet 502 Wheel Crazy. I think I am in love with the Ford.

Thanks! :)

Wheel Crazy

Oh yeah, I also have another 6hp Tecumseh from 1968 and a 8hp Kohler from 1972, but both will need a full rebuild.

Rooster

JUST SAY NO TO HONDA!

I have hung alot of Warlboro Carbs on Indians, alot better than the stock carb ;)