Sign in to follow this  
tomtractor

Jim Dandy tractor

tomtractor

How rare is a Jim Dandy tractor. The model with the round hood. Not the Power King/Economy model with the square hood. What are they worth. Also has anyone seen a Country Squire tractor. Same questions.

Tom

Brookfield MA

post-7038-0-88811000-1340315415.jpg

Sparky

Well I know thats not you Tom so I feel pretty safe saying "Who would wear such a goofy hat in public"?

Cant answer your questions tho, I'm not well versed in Jim Dandy machines.

Mike..........

Rooster

Jealous of my Hat huh?

AMC RULES

Just missing the sprig of straw hanging from the corner of his mouth.

• Like 1

CRE1992

There are 2 within 60 miles of me for $200, and the other one is $350. I don't know how rare they are but they are not as desirable to some people because they are smaller and a tiny tad less heavy duty.

I just got a powerking 1614 and I love it. They are awesome little tractors.

tomtractor

CRE1992 - I saw the Power King for $350 on CL. Do you have contact info for the other 2 selling for 200$? Are they posted online? Could you send me an email?

CRE1992

It's in South Jersey for $200 but it is missing the hood, and the one in central jersey in bridgwater is $350, that tractor started at $675 now it's down to $350 I would offer $300

COMMANDO1

Powerking's in indiana sell for an average of $1000.00

AMC RULES

I've heard tell all the one's around here have been brought up from Florida.

squonk

Jim Dandy's are still quite plentiful. My friend is in the midst of selling one with a deck that if I had the room for it I would have bought in a minute. Country Squires are very rare and Power Queen's even more rare.

Ken B

That is a nice little Jim Dandy. I restored this Economy about 7 months ago. I used Restoration Series paint on it thru my HVLP gun. The body work is straight as an arrow, the paint looks awesome and the 9hp Briggs runs excellent. My brother now owns it, he has been trying to sell it for 800 bucks and no bites. I told him he should just keep it for now. I can't believe that with all of the work I put into it and how well it looks and runs that it isn't worth that. I suppose cash is tight and the demand is limited compared to the Wheel Horse's.

securedownloadc.jpg

Rooster

If It wasn't so far away Ken!!!

tomtractor

Economy Jim Dandy's - I have been told they have two different transmissions. One that is is slow and one that is fast. How slow is slow. Can you mow with it or would it just take forever? I am talking about a Jim dandy with one transmission. Anyone have one and mow with it?

Todd

with all due respect,if i have one of those i would not be mowing with it =slow cruse with a beer .....

squonk

Economy Jim Dandy's - I have been told they have two different transmissions. One that is is slow and one that is fast. How slow is slow. Can you mow with it or would it just take forever? I am talking about a Jim dandy with one transmission. Anyone have one and mow with it?

The Jim Dandy my friend had went like a bat out of hell :auto-nascar: :auto-swerve: