Sign in to follow this  
WHwest8597

Chain for 36 inch tiller

WHwest8597

I need the chain that helps lower a 36in tiller. Can I make this part? I haven't priced one at a dealer yet.

Curmudgeon

The chain is nothing special, but the rest of the lifting apparatus is a different story. The drawing below is of the complete clevis hitch, which you won't use, but the lifting components are generally best to have.

clevishitchdrawing.gif

Teddy da Bear

Dale.....unless he uses a completely different kind of tiller arrangement.

I do not use any of those components on my tiller...

Except maybe the chain, which I made.

TT

That is the rear lift arrangement for 1978 and later C series, 3/4/500, and WorkHorse GT tractor models.

My old tiller (that Eldon now has) lifted via the OEM slot hitch.

Part #12 in that picture is actually different than the one that came with the newer tiller lift kit. The one for the tiller had three or four angled slots for chain attachment to allow for different depth settings/tractor heights.

tillerlift.jpg

Teddy da Bear

Terry....your getting closer to what mine is.

Mine also has an assist lift spring. Allthough I never used it as I did not see that the till was that heavy.

Curmudgeon

I've used nothing more than a cable, straight through to lift a tiller, but it takes a lot of arm strength. I guess without a model number we can guess forever which picture to post showing all the parts. I picked one to simply demonstrate there is much more to a proper system than a chain.

KyBlue

I just used some chain from the local Hardware store, a couple disconnects. Worked pretty fair.

Id still like to find the peice that goes in under the seat #12 in the pic above... while I dont think It would make it that much easier to lift..it would help get the chain up off the end of the frame.

Curmudgeon

Actually, it will make it easier to lift. It won't lift quite as far though. That's simply mechanical advantage. It does have the three slots for adjustment. Maximum lift with maximum effort to least lift with least effort.