Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

crazy weather

6wheeler

Is this the craziest weather year or what? No snow all winter and warm with about 8" of rain. Now, so far this spring and summer its hot and humid and raining all the time. So far, app. 23" inches here. Last night we got the big one. Everything is so saturated and we have flooding everywhere. All the fields around me are washed out very badly. Last night we only got an inch of rain, but 3 days ago, 5 inches and 3 days before that 4 inches. Last night we had 70 mph straight liners and hail. I have 10 or 15 , 80 to 100 foot ash trees on the ground ripped out by the roots. The chicken house is smashed under 1 tree. Also my little tractor shed is under another one and, my wifes garden shed is residing under yet another one. Luckily, my big shed is so far unscathed. Fortunately, all of my tractors and skid loader are in the big shed. Just a 48" JD deck and my disc and both plows are in the tractor shed but, I haven't gotten to them yet to see if any damage was done. I am taking pics so I will post them asap. More severe storms on the horizon for tonight and the next 3 days. Hopefully, the worst is over. Fortunately, no chickens or tractors or anyone was hurt. Is anyone else having weather like this? Pat

rydogg

Sorry to hear about your damages I hate losing trees to the storms but as long as no one gets hurt it's ok since the trees can be replanted. Everything seems to be hitting to the north of us we have been on the edge of the latest storms and haven't gotten much rain so it is dry hot and windy around here and just last night the blower motor for central air went out it's an easy fix but not a cheap part $300-$400.

1maidenfan

DRY DRY DRY here! Dont think we have had messurable rain in close to if not longer than a month!!!

Can do with out the storms but it sure would be nice to get rain!!!

Possibility of NO FIREWORKS on 4th of July, what a bummer that will be :(

KC9KAS

Really dry here in Southern Indiana. Several countys have issued a "burn ban" and I expect more to follow if it doesn't rain soon.

The lawns look more like August than June.

1maidenfan

:woohoo: :happy-jumpeveryone::omg: THERE IS LIQUID STUFF FALLING FROM THE SKY!!!

post-4490-0-57519200-1340322141_thumb.jp

post-4490-0-20281800-1340322157_thumb.jp

Not sure if you can tell in the pic's but it is RAINING :party: first time in weeks (3-4). Probably wont be enough, but better than none.

can whlvr

really dry,ive had to water perrenials that have never needed water,and HOT,we got some rain here today but not near enough,the corn is only 6 inches tall today,thats puny for this time of year

Jim_M

We finally got 7 tenths of an inch of rain today, first rain in 5 weeks for us. Not nearly enough, but better than nothing.

Kelly

Rained here all afternoon, but a hour after it stopped the ground is about dry, we havn't had much rain in weeks here, we need it bad.

neil

We are having the same problem with the rain over here in UK . We have only seen about 12 days sunshine this year so far ,& most of the tractor shows have had to be cancelled , yesterday it rained for about 9 hours and i woke up this morning and guess what was it was doing outside ( Yeap STILL RAINING).

worst of all it is now Midsummers day today and the nights will start to darken earlier again and it doesnt seem like we have gone through spring yet.

I hope that things start to improve soon im getting sick of Rain Now

There is one good thing though, the lawns look lovely and and its giving me loadsa seat time with the cutting

can whlvr

i havnt cut my grass for a few weeks,it needs it now but not before the little rain

Raider

We haven't had measureable rain here in 5-6 weeks. It's been DRY, hot and windy. The garden has been very thirsty. Every time a storm comes along it either dries up right as it gets here or slides North. We missed out on most of the snow over the Winter too. Not looking good with July and August around the corner.