Sign in to follow this  
stevasaurus

Group Picture

stevasaurus

No one has said anything about the group picture yet. I propose we do it around 11:00/12:00 on Saturday right across from the food building where we have done it in past years. Could do one at the same time on Friday also. :) :) :) :)

squonk

We have to do one on Friday. If we don't, I'll show up in the picture as "The Invisible Man" :)

jimt1971

We should do a pic on both days so that we have some faces to cut and paste into the final pic.

Jim

jay in nc

i like the time for both days, hope to be there in time fri. Jay

varosd

have the announcement over the PA system to remind everyone :D

kthack657

we all need red shirts, white pants and cowboy boots as the uniform...lol :D :D :D

HorseFixer

Steve swing by on your way and get the RS Banners and of course a Jar of Apple Juice! :)

Have a safe trip and see you in Aug.

~Duke

Zeek

I'll be there Saturday, but I have to work till noon :confusion-scratchheadblue:

VinsRJ

Lets meet up both days. 11 or 12 for both, you pick.

DON'T FORGET YOUR REDSQUARE HATS!

rmaynard

Steve swing by on your way and get the RS Banners and of course a Jar of Apple Juice! :)

Have a safe trip and see you in Aug.

~Duke

Duke,

We have a new banner, so Steve won't need to stop by for yours. But on the other hand, maybe a couple of jars of Apple Juice for the campfire... :beer: Yeah Steve, maybe you should stop by.

rmaynard

Speaking of group pictures, for the last two years, I have taken the responsibility of being in charge of the group picture. I gather the various photos that are taken, edit, match faces with names, and produce a final Friday & Saturday group picture.

This year, I have a lot things going on, and don't have the time to devote to the editing, name gathering, etc.

Do we have any volunteers who would like to take on this task this year?

Martin

bob, i would be willing to help out. if you could get me the pic(s) and the members could help me out with i.d etc im sure it could happen.

but i would need help with id as i dont know a lot of you guys!

jay in nc

im sorry i didn't get in sat. picture as i never heard the anouncement. Jay

Sparky

im sorry i didn't get in sat. picture as i never heard the anouncement. Jay

Same here. I heard the announcement Friday and got in that pic but never heard it on Saturday. Tough to hear much with all the motors chuggin away.

Mike..........

rmaynard

The group picture was a real bust on Saturday. We only had 11 people show.

post-2221-0-54968600-1340585826_thumb.jp

Sparky

Any pics of Friday's group shot Bob?

Mike..........

PS...it was real nice talkin to you at the show!

squonk

I had to leave Fri. before the picture. :sad: Why the big time change? :scratchead:

Sparky

I think the parade was the issue Mike. It was huge on Friday and went into double overtime!

Mike...........

Fun Engineer

I never heard the announcement on Saturday. At least I made the photo Friday. Glad to have met such a great bunch of guys and their wives.

1012 miles. 19 hours of driving. $80 in toll fees. Meeting and making new friends at the 14th Annual Wheel Horse Show, "Priceless"

rmaynard

Since there is no one person designated as the RedSquare official at the show, the picture just sort of happens when it happens. The WHCC runs the schedule of events, and the announcement via the public address systems is done as a courtesy for us. This is only my third show, and the job of "group picture coordinator" has seemed to fallen on my shoulders since the pictures are taken in front of my and buckrancher's red canopies (thought by some to be the official RedSquare area). There is NO official RedSquare area, but we don't mind that our canopies are used for that purpose.

There were several RS members that expressed a concern that some other members had not gotten to the show yet at 11:00 am when the we wanted to schedule the shot. So I asked Bill Pearson to announce that the picture would be taken immediately after the parade. Little did we know that the parade would last as long as it did.

On Saturday, only one announcement was made, and unfortunately many missed it.

I have some thoughts on next years show, and I will post a thread later to see what the general feeling is of the RedSquare members that actually attend or plan to attend the show.

So, if there are any complaints about this years group picture, you can address them to me... 107.gif

Here is Friday's picture. I am still waiting for the other pictures that were taken both Friday and Saturday to get the best one to use for the final picture with names.

post-2221-0-13903000-1340591670_thumb.jp

• Like 1

squonk

I guess I can understand the time change. One of the guys with me has his anniversary on the 23rd so we have to get back early. I was lucky they were able to come on Thursday so I could spend more time there. Maybe I can convince the wife to come next year so I can stay longer. I really want to be there for cruise night.

varosd

No worries Bob!

It does seem that RS folks congergrate around your tents! Sat was busy with the parade starting late/ raffle going on /folks packing up and leaving/ a lot of T-shirt announcement/ tractors flipping over on the balance thingy!

It all works out in the end

Zeek

Thanks Bob!!

Coadster32

Dam!! The group keep getting bigger and bigger. Nice to see. :handgestures-thumbupright: (Hard to remember everyone's names when seen only once a year though.) :hide: Looks like I missed out this year.

Fun Engineer

Hey Bob.

It's not your fault. You and the rest of the group do a great job. I didn't realize there were so many people in the picture when we took it. I'm going to PM you.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this