Sign in to follow this  
meadowfield

yet another....

meadowfield

picked up this very original 1970 lawn ranger 3 weeks ago for child no.3 as a birthday present.

It's completely untouched and the fibreglass body was very sad and in a poor state. It came complete with cutting deck and very little rust!

this was his first sit as we loaded it up in mid wales.

Shropshire-20120526-00732-1.jpg

heres it back home before any patching...

IMG-20120528-00751.jpg

thanks to my brother raider10 for perservering the following morning and getting it to run! shame we had to find a new starter :(

here was it's maiden voyage!

Bradford-20120527-00747.jpg

and now all fixed and running!

IMG-20120615-00816.jpg

IMG-20120615-00815.jpg

a bit of paint and some new decals and it will be like new!!!!

mark

WH Raider10

Looks great Mark! I really like that model even it is a vertical shaft engine.

meadowfield

thanks !

it's a really neat little thing! 38 years old and very tidy. The tecumseh engine starts and runs great (well it ticks over at 1500 ! because someone wound the idle screw through the casting practically.... :banghead:

wheeledhorseman

You've got to just love those little tractors - they have a very special charm all of their own.

He's a very lucky boy!

Andy

Anglo Traction

Yep !. Have to agree, great little Tractors. It's good that the 'Ole Flat Techy' is still beating away. Looking forward to seeing the refurbed article, and another young enthusiast joins the Club.

Regards

AMC RULES

Very nice, glad to see another brought back from the dead.

bowtiebutler956

You get :thumbs: :thumbs: up from me, for being a great dad, and teaching them the important things in life! :woohoo: Thats a great looking little :wh: !! :text-datsphatyo:

Matt :flags-texas:

Sparky

Cool! Looks like you wont need to mow any grass in the yard soon once its all matted down :grin: .

Mike..............

Don1977

Use a fiberglass mat on the bottom. Sand down around the cracks on top and lay in fiberglass cloth, then fill with body filler sand that down and it will be good as new. I used that method on the ground affects on a Camaro that was backed into in a parking lot and the man wouldn't turn it in to his insurance. I'm not going to say what race he was.

Stigian

Another one Mark!!! You can't can't stop yourself now can you! :D:ROTF:

Nice find by the way :handgestures-thumbup:

meadowfield

Use a fiberglass mat on the bottom. Sand down around the cracks on top and lay in fiberglass cloth, then fill with body filler sand that down and it will be good as new. I used that method on the ground affects on a Camaro that was backed into in a parking lot and the man wouldn't turn it in to his insurance. I'm not going to say what race he was.

That's just about what my brother did to patch it up and it looks great !

Thanks

Another one Mark!!! You can't can't stop yourself now can you! :D:ROTF:

Nice find by the way :handgestures-thumbup:

As you know it's addictive ! And all I did was show my youngest a picture on the bay and leave it at that ! A day later 'dad, can I have the wheel horse you showed me?'. :D

Raider10

I think were all nuts! Its bloomin bloomin tractor mad up here. Just waitin for mum to ask for one!!!! Dont think that will happen though somehow. Apparently watchin coronation street and shopping is far more important.

meadowfield

Hmmm, sounds like we need to invade coronation street and do a convoy thang!! That or spread a rumour that dreardrie Barlow has got one for driving round the yard! :)

wh1257

its an brhoter from the gt 14

meadowfield

they look good together Vincent! the biggest and smallest tractors of the time... Will have to get a pic side by side.

Managed to pick up a carb from a 1980's teccy on the bay, NOS - it didn't say it was compatible, but remarkably all the bits (butterfly, etc) just swapped from the old one and it now starts and runs as sweet as a nut :)

mark

Raider10

:) Ey up bro! did you get those tyres and tubes off fleabay? Got all the bits and bobs copied and manufactured off the cutter deck. Been busy making a drive pully housing bearing block thingy and putting new spinny roundy bearingy things in. Keep meaning to take some picturegraphs but keep for getting. Next thing i know ive almost finished. Just need to fettle the cutter deck now and spray it. Hopefully it will all work. Will bring your deck down at weekend. May be have a tinker wiv it and see wot the blade bearings are like. They are available from across the pond in Ohio. 25 squid a pop. I ordered one last sunday and it came on monday morn. Brill!

See ya on sat.

meadowfield

Hmmm, I fell asleep and forgot to bid! Doh, better luck next time...

Get some pics taken and shared - be good to see it fabbed up.

Be good to get the deck hung and see what - if owts missin! Ideally it should just need the belt from the engine to deck....

Yeah see you sat

meadowfield

well it's all up a running as sweet as a nut !

I think the picture below sums my youngest up... happy :D

IMG-20120722-00988.jpg

krazy_horse

It is good that you have the next generation intrested in the tractors and wheel horse hobby. Great little Horse!