Sign in to follow this  
Herbl

Cub Cadet HDS-3225

Herbl

I'm looking at a Cub Cadet HDS-3225 that is in fairly nice condition, it has 452 hours on it with a 54 inch mower deck, 22hp Kohler motor. Is there anything about this machine that someone knows first hand about. Of course this will never replace my Wheel Horses...

Herb

MarkPalmer

Very robust modern GT with shaft drive and excellent serviceabilty, nothing exotic and probably one of the lesser evils out there as far as newer GT's go for service. In several years of cruising Cub forums, I haven't heard of any horror stories with the model. It was around $7k when new. This is probably as close to the "old school" IH Cub Cadets as you'll get in new tractor standards. MTD does build the high end CC's well, and support is easy to obtain from many dealers.

-Mark-

Herbl

Mark

What would you think is a fair price for this tractor is reasonable shape. I'm thinking $800, or is this too high/low....

Herb

MarkPalmer

Very doubtful you'll fetch it for $800.00 with those hours which are in the low range for it. (If you can, you'll get yourself one heck of a steal!) Clean and in good shape it should easily fetch in the $1800-2200 range with the 54" mower.

-Mark-

T-Mo

I agree with Mark - if you can get it for $800 you will get the deal of your lifetime. Look around on the internet on the various selling sites to gauge prices. Here are my favorite sites for sale items:

www.machinefinders.com

www.equipmentlocator.com

http://www.fastline.com/

http://www.tractorhouse.com/

Ken B

I used to run this very same model while working on the snow crew at our local mall. I'm a Cub Cadet guy from way back and all I can say is that this is a very nice machine that is heavy duty. It was run with a snow blower on it and let me tell you, it would throw 2 ft of heavy snow clear across the parking lot. Never had a problem with it and all it ever did was work REAL hard. 800 sounds real low but it would all depend on the condition and what he is actually asking for it. MTD does have the know how of how to build a heavy duty machine. The higher end Cub Cadets are pretty heavy duty. I know we paid roughly 7 large for the one we had with blower cab and a deck.