Sign in to follow this  
bluetuna08

down pressure for blade

bluetuna08

last night I got excited while looking at the owners manual for the plow blade and went out to the garage and made the "special link" needed for down pressure on the blade and what fallows is what I ran into.

1. lower blade and turn hight adjusting knob to take up slack in chain

2. take measurment between eye bolt (the top bit where chain is attached) and the lower lifting pin. my measurement came out to 6 inches.

3. I used 1/4 by 3/4 inch flat stock cut to 6 3/4 inches long. I drilled the two 3/8 inch holes 6 inches on center apart.

4. LET COOL!!! :imstupid:

5. don't use 3/8 inch bolts instead use a pin and cotter to hold the top bit in place and make sure to install the link on the right hand side of the chain. :imstupid: I messed up and installed it on the other side and tried to lift the blade...well it hit the big nut thing.

after all the messing around it finally was in and was going up and down and I was adjusting the hight of blade with the adjusting knob then I realized it was dark and my wife was going to be mad at me for being in the garage so late.

I am going to try it out when I get home from work tonight...I suspect it will be awesome! :horseplay:

later-Matt

T-Mo

Pictures, we need pictures. :whistle: Good job. B)

Rideawaysenior

Down pressure is real nice. I have a D160 and bought a plow from Refracman at the show this year. WHen I installed it on my D, I remembered that I can get down pressure on this. I put a pin in the lift arm to lock it, and placed two 2x4's under the blade. To my amazement, the front end lifted right off the ground. It is dampened by the spring on the plow frame, but wow this is cool I thought. Soooo

I decided to go to my friend Mike's house where he has a 150ft. clay pulling track that needed some leveling.

I hitched the tiller on the back for traction weight, and went to work. This tractor is unstoppable, and man will it dig. In about an hour of working this beast hard, the track was done and level. I was being watched by a few guys too who were as amazed as I was. They also told me that they noticed the rear tires spinning in unison and asked if I had a locking diff. I replied no, but advised that WH made a 10 pinion rear that had a limited slip. Now here is my question. I don't know the answer to this, do the D's have an 8 or 10 pinion rear. I just attributed the spinning in unison to my rear end (arse) being evenly distributed on the seat. LOL

Jack