JUSS10

deestone 3.5 - 8 tire? or a good source for the 4.00-8 tires?

JUSS10

so for fathers day i want to surprise my dad with a set of tri ribs for the front of his 854 as he's been talking about gettings some for a while but hasn't. i was planning on going with deestone tires as i have heard a lot of good about them on the site. it looks like i can get a pair with tubes shipped from ebay for $70... that said i already have tubes in the set of tires that are on it, so i was looking for just the tires to save some money. i found a pair of 3.5 - 8 tires for $33 plus shipping. has anyone ever put a set of 3.5's on the round hoods or should i just stick with the 4's? i did a search and it seems like people were finding the deestones with tubes and shipped for something like $60 or less before but maybe the price of rubber went up? has anyone found them for cheaper lately anywhere?

Thanks!

Justin

Martin

Justin,

I had to really search, but morrow tire on eBay do a good deal. Don't remember what price it was now, but search deestone or 4.00 x 8 tri rib in their store and I'm sure you will find a good deal. They do come with tubes included though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martin

pm sent

Kelly

I like the fit of the 4x8 tires, I have never seen a 3.5 tire that was not a 6" rim, if you stop over this weekend you can see some Deestone 4's mounted.

bean

I ordered my deestone 23x8.50-12s from http://www.greaterclevelandtire.com/servlet/StoreFront

they have good prices. and if you have tubes, you can order just the tires. I am debating the tri ribs or the mulit ribs. the only difference I see between the 3.50-8s and the 4.00-8s is the heigth, about an inch.

I am sticking with the 6" wheels on my 310-8, so my only choice is the 3.50-6 tri rib http://www.greaterclevelandtire.com/servlet/the-1192/3.50-dsh-6-4P-Deestone-F-dsh-2/Detail

, or the 13x5.00-6 multi rib http://www.greaterclevelandtire.com/servlet/the-2182/13x5.00-dsh-6-4P-Deestone-Rib/Detail

WH Raider10

Hello,

I was just reading this post and I've a question. Will the 3.5-8 and 4.00-8 tires fit on the rims of my raider 10? It's the width model 8" rims you find on almost every wheelhorse.

Thanks,

P-J

Rooster

How about a pair of 3.50-8's for under $34??

http://www.greaterclevelandtire.com/servlet/the-1189/3.50-dsh-8-4P-Deestone-F-dsh-2/Detail

If you buy from GCT, buy from their website or call them, don't buy on Ebay..they charge more on Ebay!

WH Raider10

Will they fit my raider 10 also?

buckrancher

K-Morrow on E-Bay

bean

Hello,

Will the 3.5-8 and 4.00-8 tires fit on the rims of my raider 10? It's the width model 8" rims you find on almost every wheelhorse.

Thanks,

P-J

yes, both sizes will fit will fit. you will need tubes with the tri ribs. the multi ribs are tubeless.

the older front wheel horse wheels are 3.75". the newer wheels are 4-3/8". the tires will fit either

WH Raider10

Thanks for the help man! Now I'm going to order some too!

P-J

JUSS10

I went and ordered the 4.00-8 from k morrow. Look forward to getting them mounted. One more question, what is the right wheel color for the 60s model tractor? I picked up a few cans of IH white from TSC the other day. I also have the valspar gloss almond in a quart can. Just figured I'd paint the wheels while I'm at it

buckrancher

OFF WHITE LINEN BIEGE (ALMOND) OR SHERMAN WILLIAMS ANTIQUE WHITE

BRIAN

bean

I went and ordered the 4.00-8 from k morrow. Look forward to getting them mounted.

when you get them mounted, can you post a few pics? also, can you check the heigth of them when mounted? my '73 8hp has very little clearance with the deck I have on it, and I don't want to order a tire that is too tall.

thanks

JUSS10

tires came the other day. going to strip the wheels tonight and get them painted. will post once i get them on the tractor

JUSS10

Alright after quite a bit of sweat and even some blood, I got the tires mounted this morning (bit of a pain when you can't find your tire tools)

Per request I took some photos of the old nd new tires side by side as well as some measurements. The deestones are actually about a 1/4" in diameter smaller so for the issue of clearing the mower deck, these may give a bit more clearance.

Im quite excited to surprise my father with the tires when he gets home tomorrow from vacation.

f1eb324b.jpg

Original tire in relation to mower deck

6335dada.jpg

New tri rib in relation with mower deck

6abe9671.jpg

Rear tires were cleaned and wheels were painted to match the front

24116c72.jpg

0151cf37.jpg

bean

those look great!

deestone lists the tires at 16.1". I am guessing that is pretty accurate?

JUSS10

I ended up getting the 4.00

whtractors24
On 6/17/2012 at 3:17 PM, JUSS10 said:

I ended up getting the 4.00

what size tires where on there to begin with?

123GO

Fyi- Walmart has a decent amount of tractor tires/tubes on its site & if you buy your tires off their site they mount them free. I learned Wally mounted tires free 2yrs ago after ripping a brand new front tire I just bought off there...Grrrr! It was for a JD I took for trade & gave my SIL.

Heres my Deestone D401 4:00-8 tri-ribs on my 414-8. 12" tall I think? 

I swapped out my wide fronts to ease steering effort because I broke my neck at 21 and it still bothers me ( imagine that).  It feels just like power steering now.

I don't know the horse model my rims came from, bought off Ebay over a decade ago and my brain wont recall my breakfast, I got old if I remember right?

But these rims have tapered wheel bearings like a trailer and are like 3.5" or 4" wide for the 4:00 tires they ran back in the day? They had brand new trailer tires mounted on them so I ran those for yrs. Always slid bad on damp grass in the turns & on hills, this tore my yard up sometimes. 

These Tri-ribs not only look better they are waaay better in every aspect. They never slide or tore up my yard like I thought they would. I wish I put these on from the start & tossed/sold the old trailers. These may leave a line in soft mud idk, my rear lug tires sort of hide anything the fronts ever left..lol On dry dirt neither tread heavily.

The fact these Tri's grip on my hills overrides all else, absolutely love these tires!

Hope this helps.....

20220722_132615.jpg

20220722_131318.jpg

20220722_131146.jpg

20220722_131448.jpg

20220722_131837.jpg

• Excellent 1