Sign in to follow this  
Wheel Horse Kid

Need Tire Advice

Wheel Horse Kid

Hello,

I am thinking about getting some new rear tires for my (retired) pulling tractor.

I am wanting something that is fairly cheap in price, something that will not tear up the yard, and something that would be able to hold up and do fairly well in competition if I would pull with it again.

After much research, I have narrowed my choices down to 2 options.

The first option is the Firestone Flotation 23 tires. The second option are the Carlisle Tru Power Tires.

Which tire would you guys recommend and have you had any experience with either tire?

Thanks,

Taylor

joel_400

Firestones all the way! I would love to get a set for my stocker in the 23 10.50 12 size. Not only do they look way better but everyone i have talked to says they pull better too.

Deere Hunter

Go with the Firestones, the Carlisle Tru Power are the worst tires out there for pulling. One other option would be a set from Vogel Manufacturing. Their tires are designed after the old Carlisle Super Lugs. The only draw back to the VM tires, they are molded in China.

Wheel Horse Kid

Thanks for the advice guys! I think that I will go with the 23x10.50x12 Firestone Flotation 23 tires then.

Cory Zuill

I have tried Firestones, VM TT's, Tru Powers, Carlises Super Lugs (26's), and a couple other brands over the years... Firestones were my favorite, go for Firestones.