Sign in to follow this  
kpinnc

Wheel Horse side covers

kpinnc

Don't know if anyone else has done this or not...

A few years back, when I restored the 310, I wanted to "clean up" the look of the rather large holes in the side of the tractor. Just used some mesh I had lying around, and some black paint. Made a cardboard template, and then cut the mesh to match.

I think it looks better, especially because of the way the WH tractor's hood overlaps the chassis. Helps keep trash out too, especially those grass clippings. From different angles, it looks solid. When you look straight into it, you can see right through. To each his own I guess...

muledrive202.jpg

muledrive194-1-1.jpg

muledrive196-1.jpg

muledrive201.jpg

IM000189-5.jpg

Kevin

Kelly

Not bad looking, Did you do the other side??

BairleaFarm

Thats a good idea and looks good.

kpinnc

Not bad looking, Did you do the other side??

Yeah, but the hole on the other side is smaller. I just had to cover the opening between the drive belt cover and PTO guard.

Thats a good idea and looks good.

Thanks David!

Kevin

DMESS

That looks nice Kevin. I've seen a similar version done on a puller using solid sheet metal. I like it. Looks factory if you ask me. B)

HorseFixer

Good job Kevin B) will have to remember that one!

Duke

bitten

Ive thought about doing something close to this as a heat riser. I dont have a cab but thought if I inclosed the engine compartment and made it so the heat off of the engine would blow in the direction of the operater, it would help to keep me warm when plowing snow. Has anyone tryed this?

bowtieguy

Kevin...your alum tread plate caught my eye....I was making a template today to cut some for my 312 but was not sure what to do with the outside edge...yours appear to be "rolled" over on the outside edge...how did you do that?....and is your plate all ONE piece? ...also like your mesh idea... :banghead:

kpinnc

Thanks for noticing Frank!

Yeah, the outer edges were rolled down using a brake. There are two seperate parts on each side- one for the bottom, and another for the back. I used the same mounting holes as the original steps. For that matter, the original footrests are still under there.

Kevin

KyBlue

Both your mods look good... the side screens and the Diamond plate treads..very cool!

BairleaFarm

Are you worried about the foot rest holding water? Maybe to cause rust?

KyBlue

If he left the OE rubber pads under it...there shouldnt really be much if any contact between the Paint and the New Diamond plate pads..

Butch

Sweet. Sure is nice to have the right tools! :banghead: