Sign in to follow this  
Wheelhorse84

RJ-58

Wheelhorse84

Anyone see that rj for sale on craigslist in cumberland RI. I was thinking it would be good for my son and I to work on. He is asking 550 which seems like a bit much but I don't know much about these. Any advise would be helpful. Thanks

Hodge71

Unless its perfect and runs etc...maybe come with a mower deck or plow, that seems a bit high. I picked up 4 of them a month ago for $750....granted, none started or ran but they came with 2 decks and 2 snowplows so I kinda felt like it was a good deal. I have a 702 a mile from my house thats been for sale for a month now...the guy wants 800 for it and it needs a battery and he wont deal at all...so its still sits there.

Ken B

I took a look and in my opinion its not bad. It does have a snow blade, some weights and chains, the optional tool box and fenders and the hood don't look to bad. The bummer is that it is missing the belt guard. Maybe he has it? If the motor runs well and the rear diff shifts as it should offer him 400.00 and see where the chips fall. You might have to wait a pretty long time for another one to come down the pike.

AMC RULES

...or go to the upcoming Pa show and probably have your pick of the litter there.

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Looks like a decent tractor. As Ken said the belt guards are hard to find and I would check to see if he has one. Ken basically said it all,I would agree on around 400 if it runs and the transminssion is okay. Jake

stevebo

IMO that is pretty clean and original. I am with Ken. In terms of pick to litter at show I would say not for that price. They would be asking 700 to 850ish

VinsRJ

I agree with Steve, the PA show is good for RJ part locating. As for mostly complete tractors, the prices are not reasonable.

You can expect to pay 75-100 for a nice original rj belt guard. Heck, there was a fiberglass repro RJ belt guard which just sold on ebay for $100 just a couple weeks ago. So keep that in mind if the seller does not have the guard.

Wheel Horse Kid

I agree too. $400 would be a fair price to offer.

corn53

I dunno I`m tempted to grab it!!! :laughing-rolling:

55rj35jr

YOU MENTIONED WEIGHTS WHAT ARE THEY CAST WHEEL WEIGHTS? OR NOSE OR FRONTS WEIGHTS? MARKED WHEEL HORSE?

Wheelhorse84

post-6185-133868285279_thumb.jpg

jay in nc

wow, fenders,toolbox, recoil kohler, snowplow,weights,nice steering wheel,decient tires. i say JUMP ON IT QUICK!!!!! jay

bowtiebutler956

I'd buy it, but then I don't ever get opportunities like that here where I live. :banghead:

Matt :flags-texas:

55rj35jr

i would go for it has a great set of cast foot rests also!

Wheelhorse84

Are those factory wheel weights?

whfan74

No....they don't look to be.

neil

Dollars are easier to come buy than these little guys , you can get a few more dollars in a couple of weeks but you may not be able to get an RJ

especially with all the bits that this one comes with , some of us have been waiting years for a gem deal like this one come up

GO GET IT

what are you waiting for ?

Are you still here?

SousaKerry

Dollars are easier to come buy than these little guys , you can get a few more dollars in a couple of weeks but you may not be able to get an RJ

especially with all the bits that this one comes with , some of us have been waiting years for a gem deal like this one come up

GO GET IT

Are you still here?

Wow must be nice to be able to say that dollars are easy to come by? ????????

Sparky

GO GET IT

Are you still here?

Actually that is not what was said. He said that dollars are easier to come by than these little guys, meaning the old roundhoods. And he is right!

Mike........

neil

GO GET IT

Are you still here?

I appologise if i gave the impression that dollars are easy to come by but that isnt what i meant , i as one know how hard Dollars/ pounds are to get hold of as i havnt had any work now for over 6 weeks

Thank you Sparky for your interpretation of what i meant and you are exactly right as to what i meant by dollars being easier to get than an RJ.

please accept my appologies to anyone that may have been offended by my comment on the avalability of Dollars.

My orginal comment was meant as words of encouragement & as a bit of fun to Cseries to purchase the RJ as they are becomeing rarer now

also appologies for getting off the subject

Wheelhorse84

No need for an apologies.

• Like 1

wallfish

Those wheel weights look like steel wagon wheels that the antique engine guys use for wagons to place their engines on. Nice fit and a good idea.

Did anyone ever buy this?

Wheelhorse84

I'm going to pick it up on tues

• Like 1

Ken B

Cool beans!

wallfish

I'm going to pick it up on tues

Nice score. Did you get it cheaper than his asking price? It was advertised for a little while so...