Sign in to follow this  
stevasaurus

river trip video

stevasaurus

It has been so dry here the grass has stopped growing already...means no horses out. Figured I would get the boat out while there is still water in the river. :bow-blue: Anyway, I hope you enjoy the video...just click on the last picture for a trip on the mighty Fox River. :) :)

2011_0602FISHERBOAT0002.jpg

2011_0602FISHERBOAT0004.jpg

2011_0602FISHERBOAT0003.jpg

th_2011_0602FISHERBOAT0001.jpg

AMC RULES

What size is that Merc Steve, looks like it gets up and goes pretty good.

JimD

Thanks for the ride Steve. :thumbs:

Sparky

Great video and awsome narration Steve! I was amazed at how steady the video was for being in a moving boat. Kinda made me wish I still had a boat. Sold my last boat about 2-3 years ago.

Mike...........

squonk

What? No conservation police hiding in the trees with a radar gun? :ychain:

Ken B

Great video Steve. That boat ya got there rides REAL nice and it looks as though she moves right on out. Thanks for the ride.

stevasaurus

Thanks guys...was good to be on the river again. That is a 25 hsp Merc...great engine. :) :)

Raider

Don't leave us hanging!!! What happened to the Farkle family????????

stevasaurus

Sorry about the 10 minute limit on the length of the video. Any way, they came up the river, looked like their first time on the water. There was dad, mom and all the little kids (about 4) no older then 7, all dolled up with their life jackets on and glasses. What a sight!! I was anchored cat fishing. They were all in one of those inflatable boats with what appeared to be about a 4 horse outboard engine. Now I am sitting in about 2 feet of water just above a nice hole. Well, the first thing they did was bottom out and hit the gravel with their outboard. I tried to warn them about the depth of the water, but it went on deaf ears. They were OK, but it just struck me funny that they thought they were in about 40 fathoms of water when the youngest could have stood on the bottom. It was quite a sight for sure. :) :) :)

Hey Raider, where have you been? Good you are back on.

Raider

Thanks Steve, couldn't sleep at all till I knew the rest of the story. I've seen plenty of boats run up on sandbars here on the Wisconsin.

I was having troubles with the old site and kind of let it go for a while, when I realized the new one was here I got my registration fixed and got on. This place is much nicer than the last.

Your old boat is pretty cool (I like the older stuff). I've got a 1960 Shell Lake with a 25 Evinrude on it, hits 30mph on GPS.

DSCN2355a.jpg

It has a jackplate on it now.

stevasaurus

Raider, I like your boat, and I kind of thought that looked like the Wisconsin River.

Here is my other boat, I sold the green boat and I am giving this Rinkerbuilt to my son because....I am buying a new boat. When I get it, probably next week, I'll take you guys on the maiden voyage, but for now I show off the Rinker. This boat has been sitting about 3 years...cleaned it out and charged the battery...took it down to the river and she started right up. Couldn't believe it, and she ran great. She is a 15.5 foot trihull with a 1986 75 hsp Merc. She will go 55 mph with just me in it. It has been a great boat. Believe it or not, I have had this in 8 footers on Lake Michigan...not fun. :) :) The last picture is another video with my daughter driving the boat. Hope you enjoy. :) :)

2011_0610RINKERBOAT0003.jpg

2011_0610RINKERBOAT0002.jpg

2011_0610RINKERBOAT0004.jpg

th_2011_0610RINKERBOAT0001.jpg

Lars

Nice boat Dino...

and a nice river...

dclarke

Nice day to be on the river Steve. What kind of boat are you getting?

AMC RULES

That tri hull Rinker is pretty cool...what year is it?

stevasaurus

I think the Rinker is a 1977. Buying a 16.5 foot Alumnacraft Classic with console and a 60 hsp Merc.