jcg1112

Attachments for 267H

jcg1112

After posting in the intro section, thougth I'd get some info here. I'd like to level and maintain the gravel drive at the new house we're buying. What do I need to do this - sleeve hitch? and where can I get this and a blade? Really like this site. Thanks.

546cowboy

The only attachment you could use with that tractor would be a snow blade if I am not mistaken. I had a 269H and there was no way, without building something, to attach anything to the rear. The 260 series was a lawn tractor and not meant for garden work. The one I had was nice when I finished refurbishing it. Had tilt steering, cruise control, hydro-lift and 52" recycler deck. I also had a snow plow for it.

Kelly

I just parted out a 267 and it had a rear axle bracket, and a tiller lift, the guy I got it from said they tilled for years with it untill the trans went out, I've see snow blades, snow blowers, for them, if you do get a rear hitch I have a lift set up that will fit your tractor.

jcg1112

Ok, now I'm confused. Who's right? Cowboy or Kelly? What does the rear axle bracket consist of, where can I get one and what can I use it with? I've seen separate pull behind tillers, but right now I just want to keep my new gravel drive in decent shape.

Kelly

I'll try to remember to get pics of the axle bracket I have and tiller lift I pulled both off a 267H I just parted out, the axle bracket is used for snow blades and tillers.

rexman72

there both right they do take a front blade and a tiller.the bracket is on partstree for like almost 200 bucks ouch.

Ok, now I'm confused. Who's right? Cowboy or Kelly? What does the rear axle bracket consist of, where can I get one and what can I use it with? I've seen separate pull behind tillers, but right now I just want to keep my new gravel drive in decent shape.

jcg1112

I'll try to remember to get pics of the axle bracket I have and tiller lift I pulled both off a 267H I just parted out, the axle bracket is used for snow blades and tillers.

there both right they do take a front blade and a tiller.the bracket is on partstree for like almost 200 bucks ouch.

Thanks for all the info. would like to see the pics. is the front blade for snow only? $200 for the bracket?? I need to be in the fab business not candy making!!

rexman72

i use my blade to push dirt,snow and anything else i need to but mine is on the 417A with an 1100 eaton tranny.the trannys on the 260 series werent heavy duty but you can still use the blade to push things around, just be careful.check ebay for a bracket.

Thanks for all the info. would like to see the pics. is the front blade for snow only? $200 for the bracket?? I need to be in the fab business not candy making!!

Kelly

you can use the snow blade to push anything I've pushed dirt, sand, brush piles ect...... I'll take less than half of what they get for the axle bracket new, and I ship.

wh500special

I'm a big fan of the 260's since they are such nice mowing machines and are far more user friendly than any of the "classic" style tractors. The 260's were a progression of the earlier 240's and were classified as "yard tractors". Somewhat heavier duty than a lawn tractor, but lighter than a GT. Whatever that means. :)

Anyway, they're probably not well suited to maintaining a gravel driveway if you're looking to keep the machine in the game for the long haul. Moving rock and scraping the crown off a driveway is hard work for any machine, and the cast aluminum transaxle housing isn't the best candidate for the long term.

But for snow they work quite well.

The blade used on these tractor looks similar to the ones used on the classic tractors, but the frame and pickup points are different. They're not the easiest unit to find, but they do pop up on ebay from time to time. I'll try to find a picture (or hopefully somebody else might) to illustrate the differences.

The rear axle bracket/hitch for the tiller and blade is different than for the classic tractors too. If memory serves, it mounts to the rear frame of the tractor (where the trans is attached) and not directly to the rear end. These aren't easy to find on the used market, so I urge you to jump on Kelly's offer post haste.

The tiller used on these tractors is essentially the same tiller as for the other tractors, but the idler brackets for the belts are unique. It's a good tiller.

I don't know where you're located in SE Illinois, but I'm probably not too far away. And I have a new-in-box tiller for the 260 series that I could be persuaded to let go. If you're interested, shoot me a PM. I've never had it out of the box, so I presume everything is in there. I bought it for a 264H that I have, but never used it. (Shoot, maybe you want another tractor too...)

Don't let anything you're reading from me or others discourage you about your tractor. The 260's are really much heavier duty than about anything you'll find in the current lawn tractor market and it will likely serve you for many years of mowing and snow removal. They're not earth movers, so just remember to take little bites.

Steve

Kelly

Well here is the rear axle bracket, or rear frame bracket it bolts to the frame not the trans.

post-85-0-60491800-1338244826_thumb.jpg

Here is the tiller lift, kinda like the big tractors but wider and has a lift bar not a cable.

post-85-0-66410000-1338244916_thumb.jpg

If your interested in one or both of these send me a PM.

jcg1112

I'll probably kick myself later on, but I think I'd get more use out of a front snow blade since I can use it for some light pushing around of dirt, sand, mulch etc. What is needed to mount the snow blade plus approx cost of blade and any mounting brackets?

Thanks

rexman72

you should contact kelly as he is posting pics of everything and will give you a price

I'll probably kick myself later on, but I think I'd get more use out of a front snow blade since I can use it for some light pushing around of dirt, sand, mulch etc. What is needed to mount the snow blade plus approx cost of blade and any mounting brackets?

Thanks

Rooster

They are also very useful for pushing broken down green tractors out of the way..... :twocents-02cents:

• Like 1

jcg1112

They are also very useful for pushing broken down green tractors out of the way..... :twocents-02cents:

I'm sure that won't be too hard to do. Green is the color of choice in my neck of the woods. That's why I was really glad to find this forum and such enthusiastic owners. I actually started off shopping for green. My local JD dealer was not very helpful since I wasn't looking at spending $4500 or more. He had a used 345 when I went there a month ago. Went there this past sat and it was still there. All the other tractors with it had been sold. He still wanted the same money, period and it was still outside. Uh, forget that. Still had four flat and rotted tires, etc. My Toro dealer was the complete opposite. He went through all of his used tractors and had the ticket showing what he did to each one. Plus he had most of them inside.

"New" horse gets delivered this Sat. Pole barn is ready and waiting.

Wheel Horse Kid

I'm sure that won't be too hard to do. Green is the color of choice in my neck of the woods. That's why I was really glad to find this forum and such enthusiastic owners. I actually started off shopping for green. My local JD dealer was not very helpful since I wasn't looking at spending $4500 or more. He had a used 345 when I went there a month ago. Went there this past sat and it was still there. All the other tractors with it had been sold. He still wanted the same money, period and it was still outside. Uh, forget that. Still had four flat and rotted tires, etc. My Toro dealer was the complete opposite. He went through all of his used tractors and had the ticket showing what he did to each one. Plus he had most of them inside.

"New" horse gets delivered this Sat. Pole barn is ready and waiting.

That John Deere dealer probably did not put the JD tractor inside because he knew that it was not worth it! :laughing-rofl:

• Like 2

Kelly

I had a snowblade but sold it, I still have the rear bracket that you will need to mount a snow/dozer blade, in the pic above, let me know if you want it send me a PM.

jcg1112

I had a snowblade but sold it, I still have the rear bracket that you will need to mount a snow/dozer blade, in the pic above, let me know if you want it send me a PM.

PM sent.

Wade

Hi

I am new to the sight but see many of you are very helpful, along with a good sense of humor. I have had a C-120 since the Mid 1980's. In 2004 I bought a 267H with out doing a lot of research. It's a 1997 and it run's and starts great. I did service the Trans oil and all was well. But I have found the steering to be a concern. I did replace the rack gear and shaft once along with the front tie rod ends. Are they any mods that any of you know about that would be an improvement. It just seems to be more like a Murray system that what you would find in a Toro / Wheel Horse.  I have a number of other tractor's that I will include in my up dated Member info.

Thank You

Wade from Greenbush Wi.

Kelly

You might want to start your own topic on the steering issue, but yes they are not the best set up, pretty much the same as the 246H I mow with, great little mower but kinda cheaply built. 

DennisThornton

This an older but interesting thread for anyone thinking about a bigger 200 series WH.

Jason P
On 5/28/2012 at 5:42 PM, Kelly said:

Well here is the rear axle bracket, or rear frame bracket it bolts to the frame not the trans.

post-85-0-60491800-1338244826_thumb.jpg

Here is the tiller lift, kinda like the big tractors but wider and has a lift bar not a cable.

post-85-0-66410000-1338244916_thumb.jpg

If your interested in one or both of these send me a PM.

How much for the rear axle bracket?