Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

My horses and fall grazing

T-Mo

Even though it was kinda cold here today, the horses wanted to get out and do some grazing:

100_0500_1.jpg

100_0499_1.jpg0

100_0498_1.jpg

nylyon

Ya know Terry, without a plow or snow thrower on the front of them, they're gonna have to hibernate and horses ain't supposed to hibernate. Of course mine did every winter for 13 years :D

kj4kicks

If it's light snow, just drop the mower deck !!

They look good Terry. Love the old school vs. new look!

Eldon.

WheelHorse_of_course

So Treed,

How similar are these beasts? I am guessing over 50% of parts are identical?

Neat to have!

T-Mo

So Treed,

How similar are these beasts? I am guessing over 50% of parts are identical?

Neat to have!

Well, both have the same frame, Kohler single lung horizontal engines, the same engine to deck belt set up. The older one though is hydrostatic and hydraulic lift, while the newer one is the 8-speed and mechanical lift. But, they surprisingly feel the same when driving, except the hydrostatic one is just a blast to drive.

T-Mo

Ya know Terry, without a plow or snow thrower on the front of them, they're gonna have to hibernate and horses ain't supposed to hibernate. Of course mine did every winter for 13 years :D

Maybe someday I will get a snow plow and at least one of them can come out and play when the weather gets nasty.

Ironically I had all 5 of my tractors out today, even the 3 JD's.

T-Mo

If it's light snow, just drop the mower deck !!

They look good Terry. Love the old school vs. new look!

Eldon.

Yeah, I could do that, though with my gravel drive I might break a window or two. That's the reason why a snow blower might not be a good idea (that and we just don't get a whole lot of snow to use one). Now, a snow plow should be okay.

nylyon

Some of the older 70's snowthrowers have steel wheels which would work good on the gravel driveways and would keep the auger lifted off the rocks, but you're probably right the plow would work best ifn you don't get a whole lot of the fluffy stuff.

Rollerman

Terry you say they were out grazeing? <_<

I guess they don't eat leaves.... :D

Sorry had to pick at ya....nice pics though.

I don't see the 210 out foraging with the horses?

Terry how do you like that seat on your C series?

I normally replace those , they don't seem to go back far enough for my likeing.

Stephen in northern IN

T-Mo

Terry you say they were out grazeing? <_<

I guess they don't eat leaves.... :D

Sorry had to pick at ya....nice pics though.

I don't see the 210 out foraging with the horses?

Terry how do you like that seat on your C series?

I normally replace those , they don't seem to go back far enough for my likeing.

Stephen in northern IN

The 210 was grazing closer to house along side my JD LT133. I used the 210 today to pull a cart to move some stuff to another shed.

The seat on the C-141 needs some modifying, to move it a little further away from the steering wheel. It actually shares that same flaw with the 210 as the JD 200 series were notorious for the seat being too close to the steering wheel.

I will probably be mulching those leaves tomorrow with the LT133 if the weather holds up and there is no rain.

BTW, anyone here try gator blades with their horse yet?

kpinnc

BTW, anyone here try gator blades with their horse yet?

I've used "gator" style blades on a 42 inch side discharge (got them from a toro dealer- and they were BLACK) :D . They worked really well for mulching, but due to the design they do NOT have the same amount of "lift" as standard blades. Because of that, they won't throw the clippings out very far. That's OK as long as you don't have deep grass or a large amount of leaves. If you do, they'll leave little piles of clippings.

Sharpening those teeth on the backs of the blades isn't the most fun either... :P

Even so, I do use them regularly. They do what they are designed for very well, but there is sort of a trade-off.

Kevin

T-Mo

They worked really well for mulching, but due to the design they do NOT have the same amount of "lift" as standard blades. Because of that, they won't throw the clippings out very far. That's OK as long as you don't have deep grass or a large amount of leaves. If you do, they'll leave little piles of clippings.

The deck on my C is the 42" side discharge also. What gator blade part number did you use and where did you get yours?

Unfortunately I do have a lot of leaves as the pictures indicate. If you notice in the one picture showing the shed there is a wooded area on the other side of my creek, just behind the shed. Also I have several trees, mainly oak, on my property on the near side of the creek. So leaves are a problem in the fall.

kpinnc

What gator blade part number did you use and where did you get yours?

Oh my- truthfully I don't remember... We used to have a Toro dealer right here in my small town. He had them hanging on peg board behind the counter. I just asked him if they'd fit my tractor, he said yes, and I brought them home... That was several years ago.

I can get the lengths on them for you...

Kevin