Sign in to follow this  
Mykol610

How much fluid???

Mykol610

I've been thinking of filling some of my tractor tires with fluid to add weight and wasn't sure :confusion-confused: of how much fluid I would need to get. I'm not wanting to get a 55gallon drum but individual gallons would be a lot to fill some/all of what I have. The sizes are

13X5-6"

13X6.5-8"

6X12"

23X10.5-12"

4.8X4-8"

I have multiple tires of most sizes but am just wondering how much for each. I haven't decided if I'll fill all of them but just as a reference if I would fill all of them. Also, would RV antifreeze(-50F) of windshield washer (-20F) fluid be better in terms of weight vs toxicity vs whatever else. I know they both weigh about the same but has anyone had issues with either/or. Also, 4 of the 6X12-12" are ags whereas the rest are turf style. And the 23X10.5-12" have chains on them. I'm debating on using them again this winter or using the 6X12 ags for plowing this winter. :confusion-confused: I don't know if that would make a difference or not.

wh-jason

i have 23-10.50-12s on my puller, i was able to put 7 gallons in each of them. one of my workers has the same size but i only put 5 gallons in them. it makes a huge difference with traction. i used windshield washer fluid in both.

littleredrider

I'm not sure on the 6-12 ags as there really not alot of tire there. I want to do this to my 1045 with the dual ags. But I did fill a set of 23x10.5s and thinking it was around 7-8 gallons. I was gonna use windshield washer fluid, but only goes down to 10-20 degrees. I ended up using straight antifreeze and adding water. check this site out, tells you how much and what they weigh. Click on "info" then "tractor tire liquid ballast".

http://www.tractorsmart.com/enter.htm

• Like 1

Mykol610

I have a set of Dual Ags on it right now. I'm thinking with all four filled, it should equate to about 150lbs. Where as the 23X10.5-12's would equal about 116lbs. But with the ags, I'm planning on using the all summer each summer but for the 23X10.5-12's I'd only be using in the winter.... Decisions decisions....

KC9KAS

I bought a 55 gallon drum of windshield washer fluid for about 1/2 of what I would have had to pay by the gallon.....

I filled 4 tires, had WW fluid when I needed it, and still have plenty for more tires.