Sign in to follow this  
ba2988

1993 314H

ba2988

Well I finally have gotten around to learning how to post pictures - was surprised at how easy it was. I've had this tractor for about 4 years now, its a bit harder to get Wheel Horse down here in the south. My family is from NY State and I started using them about 25 years ago whenever we would go for a visit. Was able to pick this up off of Craigslist and its been a good worker.

P1000243.jpg

Been getting a lot of rain here on the weekends but I was finally able to get out and till this past weekend.

P1000242.jpg

After a few years there got to be too much WH stuff in the garage so that we couldn't get both the cars in so I had to build a shed.

P1000246.jpg

• Like 1

Kingwood990

Very clean 314-H. You are right about all the rain here. I can't even get in my garden right now.

rxman1

I ve got a 312 with 48 in mower deck. The cutting season now full swing her in Orange cty NY.

You 314 looks in great shape. Its my first time on the forum. Hope to get some user feedback. I used to have a rear discharge deck and loved it

as I could trim from both sides. Bye

WH520

Good looking 314 and looks like it has a nice new home!

Wheel-N-It

Thats a great looking 314. You and Kingswood should be able to get in the garden this weekend.

Just wanted to say hello from neighboring Orange County:)

neil

Ditto there on the Rain issue , We also have been having loadsa rain here in UK The grass looks nice n lush green now and it also looks real nice when its cut

Your Horse stable looks cool also , although your 314 looks abit lonely in there on its own ,i think it could do with a stable mate

Ken B

I wonder why a state like North Carolina has so few Wheel Horse's? What brand was mostly sold there back in the garden tractor's heyday? Nice tractor by the way!

Jake Kuhn

Very nice tractor you have! Jake

bowtiebutler956

Thats a Good Looking :wh: you have there! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

ba2988

Thanks for all the replies - I'm looking forward to getting some work done this weekend. From what I can tell JD is probably the brand that was sold most down this way in the past (and Sears and AC). My dad has an old Bolens tube frame (72 H16) that he brought down here from NY, and like WH there just aren't many (or parts) around down here.

I built that shed with thought that I could at least get 2 tractors in there but am now thinking I should have gone bigger - maybe put another bay on the other side. The last WH that my grandfather had was a 416H (onan) and I'm hoping to one day find one for myself. I get to NY State (Owego area) a few times a year and make it a point to look on Craigslist and other boards to see if there is anything available when I'm up there but haven't had any luck yet.

Duff

Just before you head north, put the word out here through the forum so our NY and CT members see it. I'll bet someone up our way has something they'd part with!

Duff :thumbs:

HorseWhisperer

I live just outside Owego in Endicott.I could help ya out!

HorseWhisperer

Nice 314 btw.I'm picking the exact one up in two weeks!I never thought I would do it but hello 300 series!