Sign in to follow this  
deer_remington

Help Identifying my "new" 520H

deer_remington

I just purchased my friends 520H that belonged to his dad. It has 1500 hours but the original engine and 48" deck were replaced at 1000 hours. It is not in the best of shape but it runs and cuts well. He also gave me the complete old engine. The model/serial number under the seat has been painted over so I have no way of knowing how old it is. It has the swept front axle and the motion/ hydro lift levers are on the steering column. Any help that anyone can provide on what year this machine may be would be greatly appreciated. Planning on a complete frame off restoration. I am very excited about this purchase (gave him $300 for it) and will do the resto as an honor to the memory of his dad.

1maidenfan

Sounds like a great purchase!

:WRS:

:wwp::deadhorse: :ROTF:

6wheeler

First off Welcome to Red Square :banana-tux: . My 91 has those features. But, I don't know what years all had them. I really like mine. Someone here will be able to narrow it down for you. As well as give you tons of advice on it. Good Luck. Oh yeah, PICS....PICS.....PICS :greetings-clappingyellow: And yes, you will be taunted until you produce them :teasing-poke: :teasing-poke: :teasing-poke:

Workin_Horses

Well, pictures will help us try to identify it. But based on your definition so far it's somewhere between a 1991 through 1997 as the 1991 was the first year that had both the forward swept axle and hyrdo-controls on the steering column.

AMC RULES

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on it.

:WRS:

312Hydro

Sounds great and I'm sure you will do a great restore on it! Plenty of members here to help with information. :WRS:

Sparky

Can you tell us if it has gear reduction steering or just the old style fan/gear steering. Mine has the old style fan/gear and a swept axle and I think its 1990.

Mike............

MalMac

The hydro controls on the steering column started in 1990. The steering reduction started in 91.

varosd

:WRS: Keep those memories alive!!!