Sign in to follow this  
SousaKerry

Spark plug for 10hp kohler

SousaKerry

Looking for recommendations for a little more power for the puller. What do you guys like for plugs on kohlers.

cjsdad

I once had a Chevy pick-up that ran crappy when I bought it. Gave it a tune up, plugs, wires, points, condensor, rotor and cap. And it still ran crappy. Rebuilt the carb, replaced the distributor with a Accel HEI unit and 8mm wires. Replaced the heads, the intake, and cam. Still ran crappy! The Mrs. caught me sitting in the middle of the living room babbling to myself about the demon engine in the pick-up from hell! :banghead:

She started grilling me about what all I had done to it. She suggested I replace the plugs and I replied that was the first thing I did! Her reply was ever so gentle and simple, "Replace them again, they're cheap right?" So I replaced the Autolite plugs with AC Rapid Fires and that engine came to life!!! I have never bought a "standard" plug again.

Later I replaced the factory platinum plugs in our Expedition with Bosche Platinum +4 plugs. Made a huge difference!

Always go with the best plugs you can get! :beer:

Last year I tuned up the engine on my 8 year old lawnmower because I hit a rock and sheared the crankshaft key. Might as well tune it up if I take the time to repair it right! I bought one of those newfangled E3 plugs for it and it started right up, first pull of the rope. Tastes great, Less filling! :popcorn:

Try one, they're cheap right? :thumbs:

Callen

I would try a Champion Surface gap (Marine) plug. They will take up more combustion space. Try to find the non-resister type. You can shim or machine the gasket surface of the plug to get it to be flush with the inside of the head so it doesn't interfer with airflow.

canam1991

champion RJ19LM

bountyhunter

Champion RJ19LM

tunahead72

Are you guys sure about that RJ19LM Champion plug?

My 10 HP Kohler K241 specifies a Champion RH10, the resistor version of the H10, which crosses to an Autolite 216, among others.

The RJ19LM is the plug specified for my Craftsman push mower with a Briggs & Stratton engine.

:dunno:

shallowwatersailor

Check out this link for info on Kohler K-Series engines.

http://www.kirkengines.com/

bountyhunter

Are you guys sure about that RJ19LM Champion plug?

My 10 HP Kohler K241 specifies a Champion RH10, the resistor version of the H10, which crosses to an Autolite 216, among others.

The RJ19LM is the plug specified for my Craftsman push mower with a Briggs & Stratton engine.

:dunno:

Sorry about that he didn't specify which Kohler engine. The older ones do use an H10. Some of the newer ones you can use an RJ19LM or J19LM