Sign in to follow this  
bountyhunter

1968 -1969 ??

bountyhunter

I thought all along that my WH Raider 12 was a 1968, but according to my WH's Model/Serial # plate and the Identification pages that I have found on the web list my WH as a 1969. The Model # is 1-6241. However, looking at the rest of the information on it, it also says it is a 4 speed! Mine has a high/low range which makes it a 6 speed. The engine listed is correct and nothing has ever been changed on it. Any suggestions, does anybody know if WH made 2 of the same model and year, but different trans.?

Like they do with other things, half way thru the year they change something on the same model? See my Avatar photo that's the

WH

Thanks,

Sam

redhorse100

the toro web site states this to be a 1969 raider 12 12hp kohler with 3 peed? maybe with hi and low makes 6?

TT

Typo..... misprint...... whatever you want to call your source of information - it is incorrect.

Model # 1-6241 is a 1969 Raider 12 / 6 speed

wingrider

Hey Bountyhunter I have a question for you. I bought a Raider 12, same model as yours and I need some info. On my tractor when I pulled the dipstick out it didn't have a rod in it to reach down into the oil to measure it, also there is a gear right below the hole for the dipstick that is blocking the way to the oil. Here is my question is yours the same way, and if so is there a short dipstick in the front or back of the oil pan where those 2 plugs are located. I was told that one of them shoud have a short rod on one of these to check the oil. The 2 on mine don't have anything on them, I'm just trying to figure out why mine doesn't have a dipstick to check the oil.

Thanks Wingrider

bountyhunter

Hey Bountyhunter I have a question for you. I bought a Raider 12, same model as yours and I need some info. On my tractor when I pulled the dipstick out it didn't have a rod in it to reach down into the oil to measure it, also there is a gear right below the hole for the dipstick that is blocking the way to the oil. Here is my question is yours the same way, and if so is there a short dipstick in the front or back of the oil pan where those 2 plugs are located. I was told that one of them shoud have a short rod on one of these to check the oil. The 2 on mine don't have anything on them, I'm just trying to figure out why mine doesn't have a dipstick to check the oil.

Thanks Wingrider

Are you talking about the oil dipstick for the engine?

wingrider

YES

Wingrider

bountyhunter

YES

Wingrider

Mine is a Kohler 12 hp and only has one dipstick which is located on the top back right side of the engine. Mine screws into the block and you can either use a screwdriver or a wrench to take it out and it has a round dipstick on it. As for the gear, I haven't looked down in the engine with the dipstick out to see if there's a gear there or not. Where are the 2 plugs on yours located?

Sam

bountyhunter

Typo..... misprint...... whatever you want to call your source of information - it is incorrect.

Model # 1-6241 is a 1969 Raider 12 / 6 speed

Here's the link that has the WH ID info; http://www.scribd.com/doc/50699203/Wheel-Horse-Model-Identification-List-1955-84

bountyhunter

the toro web site states this to be a 1969 raider 12 12hp kohler with 3 peed? maybe with hi and low makes 6?

Thanks, that's what I was thinking.

Sam