Sign in to follow this  
Terry M

HH60 decals

Terry M

ezz start was the mag and point assembly.

I thought that the e-z start referred to the compression release on the valve. They put in a small cam off the crankshaft to interfeer with and keep the valve slightly open when starting. (This I learned the hard way :hide: )

I'm not really sure myself, but alot of what I here leans twards it referred to the solid state ignition. a former co-worker said he believed it just to be a "buzz" word that tecumseh used. :confusion-shrug:

Terry M

:) :text-feedback: :text-thankyouyellow:

wheelhorse656

The ezz start reffers to mag and points assymbly it was sort of a buzz word considering all of them had except for soild state ignition engines. They did not use compression release 7hp and below..... this engine does not have soild state if it has ezz. If you dont trust my word take the shrould off and the flywheel and it will say ezz start on the points cover..... Trust me I know my tecumsehs i have rebuilt alot of them and own(ed) quite a few......

• Like 1

Terry M

The ezz start reffers to mag and points assymbly it was sort of a buzz word considering all of them had except for soild state ignition engines. They did not use compression release 7hp and below..... this engine does not have soild state if it has ezz. If you dont trust my word take the shrould off and the flywheel and it will say ezz start on the points cover..... Trust me I know my tecumsehs i have rebuilt alot of them and own(ed) quite a few......

I trust you plenty jordan and I know your quite the Tecumseh pro! I remember seeing your stuff in your grandpa's new barn. I'll be digging into my engine soon and I'm curious what things are going to look like. I'll let you know what I find. I'm still really interested about these decals and what was on what.

wheelhorse656

Tecumseh used so many decals because so many company's wanted a something different it does get a bit confusing... The comment above about if you don't. Elive me was not directed towards you.... I have gotten a few p.m. From people from a while back about another post and wanted to. Be sure I got my point across.... Shoot me a p.m. If you have any questions or need and picks I'll. Be glad to help in any way I can!!