Sign in to follow this  
Dafixer

Classic GT tiller ?

Dafixer

I would like to get a rear tiller for my 07 Gt. I have seen several listings but no one can tell me if they will fit my machine. Is the classic the same as a 315-8? Does anyone know if I will have to modify anything on the rear of my machine to accept the hitch? Any info would be appreciated...

Thanks..

Sparky

The classic and the GT315-8's are the same. There are a couple guys on here with newer classics and have tillers. Micah from Maine and Eric(mailman)from Ct. both run tillers on their newer machines.

Hopefully these guys will chime in.

Mike.....

Dafixer

Thanks hopefully they may add some light as well...

Nick

Im no expert but the classic GT would be the same as a 315-8 for tiller hookup. Like most WHeel Horse garden tractors about every attachment will fit from over 35 years. And some that might not be a direct fit can be modified with a little work. Last summer I took a tiller from a 1969 Electro 12 and put it on a 1995 520-H. :whistle:

Im sure someone will be along with model numbers of tillers for you. B)

Dafixer

Thanks for the help, I was thinking most of the attachments would be somewhat interchangeable and im pretty handy with a hammer and torch.. B) any furhter info will be appreciated

Curmudgeon

Late '60's long frames, 1267 for instance, all the way through the Classic, same thing for tillers. With minor modifications, you can include snowblowers and mower decks. From the Raiders, etc. of the early '70's, everything is interchangeable. Or at least practically everything. For I know soon as I say everything, SOMEONE will find an exception.

linen beige

For I know soon as I say everything, SOMEONE will find an exception.

Thanks Dale! Now I feel like "someone"! :whistle:

GT-14?, D series and the preceeding "automatics" perhaps? Some may fit, B) most won't. And don't buy a tiller built for a vert'. B)

Curmudgeon

Thanks Dale! Now I feel like "someone"! :whistle:

GT-14?, D series and the preceeding "automatics" perhaps? Some may fit, B) most won't. And don't buy a tiller built for a vert'. B)

GT-14's, D-Series, etc. are not long frames, they are large frames. Maybe I should have clarified that for the newbies. The various short frame models attachments are different as well. Should I also add rear engine riders and the Electracs are also different? For they are too!

:horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

linen beige

GT-14's, D-Series, etc. are not long frames, they are large frames. Maybe I should have clarified that for the newbies. The various short frame models attachments are different as well. Should I also add rear engine riders and the Electracs are also different? For they are too!

:horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

2 Shay! B)

Curmudgeon

I do sometimes forget there are "other" models out there. I have a garage full of long frames, with stick shifts.

Do you mean to say Wheel Horse made something else???

B)

mailman

I'm not sure what else to add here for info so I'll just post this....

If you have any more questions or want some detailed pics just ask. B)

IMG_5532.jpg

Dafixer

Thanks guys, Ill be bidding on it as we speak. Next comes the mid-mount grader blade.

Jim