Sign in to follow this  
jonsteffen

tire pros and cons

jonsteffen

ok i need some help making a decision on rear tire size for the rear of my wheel horse puller. I need to know some pros and cons of both using 26x10.5x12 and 26x12x12 this tractor does have the four speed in it with 1 1/8 axles any help will be excepted !

gmalott24

First you need to find out what the rules will allow. Different clubs have different rules on what they will allow based on HP. What kind of puller do you have 10hp, 14hp, 30ci, Pro-Stock/Super Stock? Great to see more pullers on here.

baerpath

I tell pullers use the largest tire allowed by the rules, you can always change gearing to make up for hp. Although if your using a four speed it won't last long with 26's

Duane

jonsteffen

I tell pullers use the largest tire allowed by the rules, you can always change gearing to make up for hp. Although if your using a four speed it won't last long with 26's

Duane

why wont it it has the the 1 1/8 axles in

baerpath

Axles arn't the problem, it's the pinions that blow out. 8 pinion is the strongest, then the new 8speed 4 pinion then the 10 pinion 8 speed and last the old 4 speeds

Only my opinion I've destroyed them all and thats what I've found

stephan07

as for the tires if both are the same height 26" it will be the same effective change in gear so you might as well be going with the wider tires. i like running a 12 x 13 alum wheel too they take the arch out of the tire so the lugs sit flat on the ground from end to end. depending on your track type prep and what not their could be advantages to both. but on my tractor its 26 12 12 super lugs on a pair of real racing 12 x 13 wheels. the weight of the alum wheels is also a pretty big advantage the more weight you can move the better