Sign in to follow this  
AETD

Belgian

AETD

Hello,

I'm from Europe (Belgium)

I looking for some time now to buy a riding mower. for my 7000m² garden.

A Wheel horse C-175 cought my attention.

I had some questions about it, so i registered to this great forum...

Hope jou guys tolerate Eu members?

pmackellow

Hello AETD welcome aboard, great to see new European members here !!

Good luck with your C175, they are a nice machine !

Sparky

Hope jou guys tolerate Eu members?

We welcome members from all over! And your not our first Belgium member either. The C-175 is a good stout tractor. Is it a manual or automatic? The only issue I know of is the lubrication of the motor. Those early 17hp twins dont like to be used on any sort of sloping terrain. Some members even recommend keeping the motor just abit overful with oil.

:WRS:

Mike.............

AETD

thanks,

it is a 8 gear: 1,2,3 & R & low or high

my garden is pretty flat so i don't see problems on the lube item.

I also know a commando 8 for sale with non running engine (starter broken). What would be the better (powerfull) machine?

Anglo Traction

Hi :WRS::text-welcomeconfetti: and a :bflag: to make you feel at home . C-175 eh!..... Early- Mid Eighties Black Hood. That is outside my Comfort Zone, so I'll leave it to the Experts on here and there are many. Good to have you onboard.

Regards

wheeledhorseman

:woohoo: Another Euro member, our numbers are growing steadily so :text-welcomewave: to :rs:

I was new to the world of Wheel Horses just over a year ago but have had lots of help and advice from members on both sides of the Atlantic (big pond) it really is a great forum for support and making friends. I don't know enough to advise you on 'Black Hoods' either but there are plenty of guys who do.

Andy

Stigian

Welcome to RedSquare.. Another euro member :woohoo: :thumbs:

meadowfield

Welcome to the group !! Have fun. :)

AMC RULES

:woohoo: :bflag::thumbs:

Jake Kuhn

bowtiebutler956

:WRS: If you love :wh:'s your always welcome hear! :woohoo:

Matt :flags-texas:

farmer

Welcome to :rs: AETD,

With 3/4 ha of garden to tend, I'd look to get two or maybe more :wh: 's.

Having two should give you reliability, after all even the newer one's are 'old'.

Good luck, and if you have question's....ask away. :)

AETD

Thanks guys,

this is what i would call a "warm" welcome. :-)

can't wait to meet the seller next week and drive home wit my first WH

Are there points of "weaknes" to look out for on a C-175?

meadowfield

Main things are same as any wheel horse ! Abuse and poor maintenance.

Oil leaks from angine and transission. Rot from being left in the rain...

Check hig low works - selector forks do get broken.

Check tranny oil colour and that its not full of water / yoghurt.

Check it charges

You'll get lots more suggestions I'm sure - I am of course assuming it starts under its own power !

Mark

AETD

yes,

it starts on his own power. i drove it in all gears it is al ittle "jumping" on the clutch, but i think that was me not used to a WH clutch. ;-) (it wass like a thin line in all or nothing, or the revs on depart where a little high ;-) )

Gearbox and engine i take care of myself on all machines i buy. than i'm sure it is done, and done with the right products.

Any of you guys run your WH on ASPEN fuell, could not find it here on the forum?

neil

Cant say that i have ever heard of ASPEN fuel myself , remeber that pretty much anything that goes wrong on a wheelhorse is quite easy to change or repair but like Mark (meadowfield) said , the biggest problem with buying a wheelhorse tractor is bad maintenance Or Neglect. I kinda find that when im going to view a tractor that i am buying , you get a kinda feel from the Previous owner if the tractor has been abused or if the tractor looks well maintained & in good condition then it probably is .

But just check all the mechanics well.

One thing that tends to happen on a lot of wheelhorses is it if there is oil around the Trans axle which is a sign of an axle seal that has broken, which is an easy repair and quite cheap to do also

i also suggest that you use this time between buying the tractor to ask as many questions as possible and also go back on older postings and read up on other peoples experiences.

Good luck with your new purchase and visit redsquare as often as you can to make your wheelhorse experience enjoyable

Anglo Traction

You should have no problems at all using Aspen 4 in a Garden Tractor (it was formulated for use in them). Apart from the exorbitant price of it, it is not freely available here (UK) yet.

As you have seen the engine running, you will know if it is smoking/burning Oil or not.

The Snatching Clutch should only require the correct minor adjustments if the Belt condition is good.

Check for wear of the Front Wheels/Spindles and Steering Rods.

Check rear Wheel Hubs and Shafts for any signs of wear or loose. The Axle Shaft ends should not protrude past the Outer Hub face on the C-175 .

If your not sure of anything, just ask.

Oh , and you asked earlier which of the 2 Tractors (commando 8 and C-175) was more powerful, well the C-175 is, but I have to say that if you can afford both and they are in good condition, then have them. The Commando 8 is a remarkable machine for various duties.

pmackellow

I agree about the Commando 8, I have got one and its a good worker

Heres me at a rally last year with my Commando 8 and cultivator having a play !!

post-4987-0-73510800-1336246821_thumb.jp

WH Raider10

Hi,

Welcome to :WRS: !!! I'm also a wh collector from Belgium. Where do you live? If you're talking abot the c-175 that is for sale on kapaza, well all I can say is that it's the most cleanest machine I've ever seen coming up for sale. Good luck with the c-175 and if you ever need help, parts,...let me know! What commando 8 are you talking about? Is it the one on kapaza?

Pieter-Jan :)

AETD

Hey Pieter jan,

Both machines are just over te french border. there they keep other prices than on kapaza. ;-)

One is in steenvoorde one is in wormhout. I could have them both and rent me a van to pick them up for the price the c-175 on kapaza.

imo the kapaza deals are a little over priced

on picture the c-175 looks nice but the price is a bummer.

the commano 8 is non running (unknown defect)

i got contacted by a belgian collector who sells 18 WH's (in one sell) you know him?

WH Raider10

Hi,

18 wheelhorses in one sell? I would LOVE to know him!!! What is his name? Could you maybe send me a link from the ad of the commando 8? I would like to know the website. Send me a PM please.

Alvast bedankt!

Pieter-Jan

Raider10

:woohoo: :WRS::UK: Welcome to the square. Ian.