Hammerhead

Speaking of toys!

Hammerhead

You may have seen my Wheel Horse Farm Toy Sets in the archives. I have had an Ebay search going on for several years to find the matching one year only, #7000 1964 Nylint Lawn and Garden Service Toy Set Truck and Trailer. Well it finally paid off! I only had to outbid one Nylint Toy Collector, not a Wheel Horse Collector thankfully! So I got it for $150.00 give or take a few bucks. I have 3 complete sets of the 1961 Wheel Horse Toy Sets from Auburn, so I put one complete set of toys in with the truck and trailer to make a very nice set! Schwing! The tractor is a 1961 Model #551. Nice amount of details on these little tractors, check out the drive belt guard, mower deck wheels and recoil starter! 2 of the toys sets have their original plastic bag that they came in! I had another set of toys but I gave it to my WH collecting buddy Packrat!.....KJ

003-1.jpg004-5.jpg005-2.jpg010-6.jpg012-5.jpg014-2.jpg013-5.jpg

• Like 8

jay in nc

what is the truck? corvair greenbriar? ford econoline? cool toys anyhooooo. Jay

bowtiebutler956

Sweet! :text-datsphatyo:

Matt :flags-texas:

VinsRJ

Very nice!

AMC RULES

Gave it...you say? :ychain:

Jake Kuhn

Wow Those are cool! Never knew they ever even made those. Jake

ben06351

Wow that's so COOL!!! I want one....

squonk

The truck is an Econoline. Those toys were in their heyday when I was growing up. I had a bunch of them but not the lawn set. Nylint seemed to like the Ford line. I have The Nylint dog catcher truck with all the plastic doggies! :) Structo made copies of the Greenbriar vans and the Corvair Rampside pick up. I have one of those too.

speedyleedy

that's some real sweet toy's ! :)

rydogg

Very cool!!! I have never seen these before thanks for showing them but now I need to add another wheel horse item to my wanted list.

bo dawg

I want one of those, way cool! Makes you feel like a kid again.

AMC RULES

Somebody should cast a mold and replicate them for us. :scratchead:

Wonder if there's any members/vendors here that already do stuff like this? :teasing-poke:

whfan74

Craig,

This is already being tackled. Glen is giving a go at it and there might be something in the future that comes out. I will let him elaborate more if he chooses.

AMC RULES

:happy-wavemulticolor: :woohoo: :happy-wavemulticolor:

SousaKerry

Heck If I could get a good 3d scan of one we could print them out at work on the the 3d printer.

Unfortunately we don't have a scanner :sad:

GlenPettit

This set sold recently on an on-line auction for $450.  I'ld sure like to find a set (for a lot-lot less) . . . .
Screen%20Shot%202015-10-02%20at%2011.48.
It's missing a couple (4) of implements and "the man", but having the original box probably doubles the price.

Edited by GlenPettit

Tankman
Great set of toys Christmas stocking stuffers! I want a set, "Honest Santa I was a good boy."  :rolleyes:

GlenPettit

This Nylint toy set is on eBay right now, but the two plastic toy tractors don't look like they are original, close, but not an "almost 551":

(if you go to the ad and use the blow-up window, you can see the actual tractors that are in the trailer much better, attachments are different), still, $195+ is a little too rich for me.    Michigan Glen

Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 9.46.22 AM.png

the original plastic toys should look like these:

Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 3.05.22 PM.png

and lastly, this is the absolute very best model of a Wheel Horse I've seen, from Manuel Martinez:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/86583-welcome-to-the-wonderful-world-of-wheel-horse/

Edited by GlenPettit
  • Like 3

Red144runner

Very cool. I got a Nylint Ford 9000 wrecker when I was little. It's still in my toy box in my parents attic. I'd never get rid of it. Or my Tonka stuff. Back then it was all made in USA. Now they are Chinese and cost a fortune! 

• Like 1

EricF

Nice find!

I still have one of those Nylint Ford van toys myself -- A fire engine with a water sprayer. It has a garden hose fitting on the back of the truck to make it shoot a continuous stream of water. Very cool old toys. Built strong, kept it simple and did what they did well... Guess that's why we love Wheel Horses for our "big boys' toys", eh? :lol:

• Like 1

WHX??

:text-goodpost:Now that is downright cool Glen... :thanks: for sharing that link even tho it's an older post on that forum. ! Lots of mentions to us fruit cakes here and even a plug for @whfan74's projects at his school!!! :banana-rock::handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

CasualObserver

That modeler joined here and posted that thread here too.... with more and better pictures.

TDF5G
On 4/15/2017 at 6:28 AM, CasualObserver said:

That modeler joined here and posted that thread here too.... with more and better pictures.

Thanks for posting this.  I had not seen it.  This was posted just before I became a member.  :thanks: