Sign in to follow this  
djmil11

just wanted to introduce myself

djmil11

hey guys,

i am new to the site and wanted to say hi and how much i am enjoying this sight. i have owned a wheelhorse c-125 for about 9 yrs now (given to me by my father).

allpictures494-1-2.jpg

in the fall of last year the engine seized from too much cottonwood in the fins. :whistle: i changed the oil all the time, but never thought about cleaning the fins. so i let it sit thru the winter and in the spring i pulled the engine and gave it to someone to fix. i went onto the net to find info and ran across this site. really enjoyed what i read and was learning more and more about wheel horses. i also have a snapper rer and didnt like it on the slopes (walkout basement). so i went out to find a replacement for the snapper. found a listing on craigslist for a b-80 and a simp. 7016 for a decent price. rented a u-haul trailer and made a roadtrip. came home with this.

tractors001-1-1-1.jpg

i have never wanted or needed another tractor and now i have four. thanks for the inspiration. my wife may say otherwise. anyway i would like to tear into the b-80 for a restore and decided to tear into the 36 rd deck first. i wear earplugs on the b-80 to cut and the deck is still to loud. stupid non-greasing spindles. anyway i will thank you in advance for my upcoming questions and ill throw up a bunch of pics now and during my restore.

tractors007-2-1.jpg

tractors012.jpg

tractors003.jpg

btw this is the wallpaper on my computer at work. what do you think?

tractors004-1-2.jpg

i must explain, i do not have an acre to cut. there is no reason for me to have these 4 tractors. i live in the city. my family laughs at me and coworkers tease, but yet i am still addicted to it. i guess it is cheaper than online poker, i think. B)

combatmp29r

DJ nice looking tractors and :whistle: . Now as far as laughing at you I have 15 currently and only 1/2 an acre in a subdivision. B)

kpinnc

Nice tractors DJ!

I have 11 now, and my neighbors think I'm nuts!

I'll go along with that! :banana:

Kevin

daemon2525

Welcome from another newbie to the board. If you have restore questions, then send me a Private message. I just finished one.

I am a newbie to the WH forum , but not new to grinding the paint off of stuff.

DMESS

:whistle: FOUR, is that it! Your not even remotely crazy! I have 15 in my basement, three in the garage...two under the porch.....and some in remote places. I think we might have a half acre here! B)

Those Horses look real nice and you'll fit in just fine here. B)

linen beige

B)

You have inadvertently raised a good question.

How many Wheel horses can one park on an acre of ground? B)

I have 8 Wheel Horses and a Craftsman :whistle: (always point out it's Kohler powered.) on a quarter acre.

Teddy da Bear

Welcome DJ & Daemon to the forum!

T-Mo

B) Those are some nice looking tractors. Your wallpaper picture is really nice. Again, welcome to the site.

perry

:whistle:

.....only 4 B) ?. your just startin B)

Curmudgeon

I'm down to half a dozen, with NO grass, NO garden, NO anything to use them on.

Beat that! B)

BairleaFarm

Ive got 2 and it takes me twice as long to mow with tractors as it does to push mow because the yard is so small. But i still love them and hope to get more down the road.

nylyon

Good looking herd, and Welcome to RedSquare

B)

Rod(NASNUT)

djmil11 :whistle:B) look it is one more blackhood I have 5 and only .25 acre maybe i am :banana: :banana: :banana:

bowtieguy

Dan the man....Welcome to RS....now when ya count em' Horses, ya got to remember that famous saying....Honey, I only have one...them others are just "parts tractors".....so they don't count....I think someone on RS coined that phrase along time ago.

And last but not least.....remember...The boy with the most toys WINS!!!

Frank in Mo (Horse barn about full....25 and countin') B)

Sparky

Welcome to Redsquare!!

You can never have enough tractors :whistle: .

I told my wife the 416-H I bought at the WH Show would be the last tractor I brought home for a long time..........is 4 weeks a long time??? I just bought a C-85(OOPPS B) ).

Mike.........

PS, You didnt go over 45MPH with that trailer now did ya B) ?

HorseFixer

B) Welcome and hope you enjoy the site! :banana:

Duke

Rollerman

Nice looking tractors there Dan & B)

I'll agree with everyone else....4 tractors. B)

Your not even in the water yet....just getting your toes wet. B)

20 plus currently in my garage all on a 100'X75' city lot..... :whistle:

hodge

Welcome from another newbie! You know that "glass half full" business? Well, while they are making fun of you only for having 4 (I only have 3 1/2!), at least you have room to grow your herd, still! :banana:

JosephC

B) I feel like the odd man out in this thread. I have 17 Acres and I mow 5 acres and I have only 4 horses(3 red ,1 gray) 5 of the yellow (or yarrow as my grandson used to say) brand (CC) and 3 Kubota ( 1 -4wd that mowes, 1- 4wd that has TLB, and the last zero turn for mowing) along with verious other mowers that are moved or dragged in. As my wife says and I quote " My husband don't drink,smoke,or do anything bad, He just has a incurrable sickness for collecting TRACTORS!!!!!. So as the others have said you just got your toes DAMP. :whistle:

Duff

Hi, Dan!

The boys have pretty much said it all, so I just wanted to jump in as a fellow newbie and say :whistle: !

You're gonna have a lot of fun around here!

Only got one Horse myself so far, but I'm already looking for more........ :banana: :banana: :banana:

Duff B)