Sign in to follow this  
dennist

Not Much Luck With WH Lately, So.......

dennist

I found this 318 the other day $500, it was a great buy. One owner 800 hrs 50" deck, collection system, 6-suitcase weights, front and rear brackets, 49 snowblower, chains. as they all have-Power steering(love that). I have had several of these and a bunch of other JD tractors, but this one is really a clean, well kept tractor.

post-3300-0-30903100-1335386240_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Coadster32

Looks like a whole lot of stuff for $500. :handgestures-thumbupright:

CRE1992

Ill give you $700 for it lol.

Thats a insanely good deal for all of that!

AMC RULES

That was a heck of good deal, even if it is green. :happy-jumpeveryone:

dennist

Yeah, I know how lucky I was to score this. We have a local weekly advertising media-Uncle Henry's and minutes after it came out I reached the guy and smoked the tires leaving the yard. He had it listed at 500 obo, but I wasn't even going to go there!

Ken B

Looks like a real sweet deal. I agree, sometimes when ya know yer gettin the deal of a lifetime its best not to even ask...

bowtiebutler956

Awesome Deal! :woohoo:

Matt :flags-texas:

Sparky

Thats a lot of stuff for the price! Nice score.

Mike.........

Jake Kuhn

That is one good deal :handgestures-thumbup: Jake

rexman72

Dennis tell them the truth that you grow tractors in your garden

dennist

Dennis tell them the truth that you grow tractors in your garden

Rex, we both know if you stopped e-mailing me the good deals, I wouldn't have got 3 of the last 5.

T-Mo

That's not a good deal, that's a great deal. The 318 is still one of the most desired and sought after garden tractor with it's power steering, turning brakes, dual hydraulics, etc. I have a 1989 316, which is basically a 318 withot the PS, dual hydraulics and turning brakes (though my 316 has been converted to a H2) and has the same engine and drivetrain the 318 does.

MaineDad

WOW!

specialwheelhorse

The man must have been possessed or something to let an outfit like that go for that ! !

Maybe owed a gambling debt or a bunch of alimony or who knows what. HE ! HE !

Kelly

As everyone said that is a killer deal, I sold a 316 with a bad onan in it with a 48" deck I got $400 out of it and the guy thought he was getting a good deal.

Shuboxlover

I'm picking up that exact same collection system for my 430 this Sunday. Have you used it yet? Does it work good?

fireman

Man you stole that thing! It probably worth over $3000 with all the attachments. SWEEEEETTT!!!

dennist

Yeah, It was one of those things where the ad just came out and like anything with that good a price,you have to move fast. The best part was he listed it as a older JD with a 60" deck and bagger with weights with a bad starter 500 obo, so I figured I had a little time. I have been around this enough to know either the deck size was wrong or poss 430(high hopes). I called instantly and asked if he knew the age he then said his Dad bought it NEW in 85' I said power steering? He says, "yes". He didn't know what it said on the side of hood, so I asked 318 and he says "YES".

I asked if he had a pic to e-mail while I looked up his address(1.5 hrs away) and he said he would send it. I told him I needed to get the trailer on and would be leaving and would call on the road. I got the pics and headed out. I knew by the time I got there others would be onto him, so I called and he said I was hoping to reach you before you were gone(HERE WE GO), He said I had one of my guys go check it out and the starter is fine, just bad battery and he offered me 750!

I told him I was not playing that game and If he was going to sell it to me fine, if not let me know and I would turn around and go back home- He said to keep coming as he already told me to come(WOW, I did not expect that). When I arrived,he said he must not have realized how valuable they were till he received all the calls from people wanting it. I tried shoving the money in his pocket just to get the bill of sale.

We got it all loaded and the guy was in his mid 20's and owned a business he came out with dress pants and tie, blue tooth etc., but pretty down to earth. I LUCKED OUT and I know it. I really like WH, but do enjoy most all older quality machines and have had quite a few varieties over the past 6-8 years, BUT I only like working on WH, therefore anything like this is just For Sale after I play on it for a few weeks.

SHUBOXLOVER- No I have not used the collection system, but I hear they are great. This particular one is run with a seperate engine, where some run off the rear PTO. The rear PTO for those are in the area of 600-800 alone, I hope you get the whole set-up when you get yours, as you know they are expensive if not 100% complete. Have fun.

Shuboxlover

Thanks Dennist, the one I am getting does run off the rear PTO (which is included) they only things I had to pick up were the two lower rear mounts and the chute...hopefully it works good!!!!

856wheelhorseowner

i bought a jd 400 with a 3 point hitch,60'' deck a tiller a snow blade and a loader for $250 with a blown onan

CRE1992

i bought a jd 400 with a 3 point hitch,60'' deck a tiller a snow blade and a loader for $250 with a blown onan

JD 400 did not come with a onan...

MarkPalmer

JD 400 did not come with a onan...

A lot of the 400's were repowered through the years with Onans though. Incredible deal on the 318, many consider it to be the best garden tractor that has been made by anyone to date.

-Mark-

hm12460

Good grief! That bagger set up is wirth $500.

CRE1992

Did you ever sell this ?

dennist

Did you ever sell this ?

Yes, I sold it a few weeks after I bought it. I gave the new owner a pretty good deal also....I see that he had it posted F/S along with a JD 400 within the last couple weeks for 3000.00 in our area on CL or another local advertising media.